Q. Why is my online partner not talking to me properly?

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

There is a girl I know from online for more than three years. I liked her before, but I was too shy to tell her. Last year she opened up that she likes me too. Last summer we talked a lot, daily had calls, movies online, shared pictures. She told me that she loves me, I told her too. Unfortunately, bad things happened to her before me (abusive ex, lost baby, lost cousin). We could not meet yet. Something happened last month, because she seems different. She says that she does not feel anything, and she does not want help nor does she want me to fix her. It feels like she does not love me anymore. I do not know what to do.

Do you have a question on Relationship Issues or Emotional Instability?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

MS (CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY
Psychologist/ Counsellor

Long distance relationship has its own pros and cons. Likewise, in your case, in the beginning it was working but one to one direct interaction is always needed to have strong bonding. Especially, in such scenarios where one partner need much emotional support after experincing much losses in life.

Sharing time online can be helpful, but not a long-term solution as discussed above. It might be possible that your friend is suffering much and could not share online things as before and needs physical and emotional support from you.

I would suggest that try to meet her once even if she shows that she does not need help (depressed people avoid taking help quite often) and discuss the issue to better understand the core of problem. Hope it helps.

Also Read Answers From: Relationship Issues Emotional Instability

I am nervous most of the time. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old female. I am nervous most of the time and cry a lot because my dad passed away a month ago. I feel like there is no reason for life now, have no goals and moments without happiness. I thought about suicide several times, so I need some pills to relax me during the d...  Read Full »
Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is always painful to lose a loved one. Your symptoms are suggestive of an acute grief reaction to the loss of your dad. Grief causes significant emotional distress for some weeks, but usually, you will heal gradually with support from family and friends. To clarif...  Read Full »

Work-Related Anxiety
Article Overview: Anxiety is a sensation of fear, worry or nervousness that can be related to anything. Workplace anxiety, as the name suggests, is related to your work and the surroundings.  Read Article »
Dr. Divya Banu M

Anxiety is a sensation of fear, worry or nervousness that can be related to anything. Workplace anxiety, as the name suggests, is related to your work and the surroundings. What causes it? Some of the common causes include performance stress, issues with colleagues. Even outside the workplace, it ...  Read Article »

How to correct bedwetting of a 9 year old?
Query: Hi doctor, My child, who is 9 years old, has¬†bedwetting problem. Please suggest me.  Read Full »
Dr. Nageswara Rao
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1 out of 65 children, wet the bed regularly at 9 years of age. Occasionally, bedwetting can be triggered by emotional distress, such as being bullied or moving to a new school.¬†Reassuring your child that everything is fine is also important. Do not tell them off or punis...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now