Q. Why is my online partner not talking to me properly?

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 14, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 16, 2019

There is a girl I know from online for more than three years. I liked her before, but I was too shy to tell her. Last year she opened up that she likes me too. Last summer we talked a lot, daily had calls, movies online, shared pictures. She told me that she loves me, I told her too. Unfortunately, bad things happened to her before me (abusive ex, lost baby, lost cousin). We could not meet yet. Something happened last month, because she seems different. She says that she does not feel anything, and she does not want help nor does she want me to fix her. It feels like she does not love me anymore. I do not know what to do.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

Long distance relationship has its own pros and cons. Likewise, in your case, in the beginning it was working but one to one direct interaction is always needed to have strong bonding. Especially, in such scenarios where one partner need much emotional support after experincing much losses in life.

Sharing time online can be helpful, but not a long-term solution as discussed above. It might be possible that your friend is suffering much and could not share online things as before and needs physical and emotional support from you.

I would suggest that try to meet her once even if she shows that she does not need help (depressed people avoid taking help quite often) and discuss the issue to better understand the core of problem. Hope it helps.

| 

I am nervous most of the time. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old female. I am nervous most of the time and cry a lot because my dad passed away a month ago. I feel like there is no reason for life now, have no goals and moments without happiness. I thought about suicide several times, so I need some pills to relax me during the d...  Read Full »

Work-Related Anxiety

Article Overview: Anxiety is a sensation of fear, worry or nervousness that can be related to anything. Workplace anxiety, as the name suggests, is related to your work and the surroundings. Read Article

Dr. Divya Banu M

Anxiety is a sensation of fear, worry or nervousness that is caused by anticipation of danger and can be related to anything. Workplace anxiety, as the name suggests, is related to your work. What causes it? Some of the common causes include performance stress and issues with colleagues. Even out...  Read Article

Why does my 9-year-old still have bedwetting problem?

Query: Hi doctor, My child, who is 9 years old, has bedwetting problem. Please suggest me.  Read Full »