Q. I need some medications to relax as I am nervous most of the time. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Suresh Kumar G D and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Nervousness or Emotional Instability? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 26-year-old female. I am nervous most of the time and cry a lot because my dad passed away a month ago. I feel like there is no reason for life now, have no goals and moments without happiness. I thought about suicide several times, so I need some pills to relax me during the day time without sleeping effect. What should I do? I will never see my father again, which drives me crazy.