Q. I need some medications to relax as I am nervous most of the time. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Suresh Kumar G D and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A


Do you have a question on Nervousness or Emotional Instability? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor,

I am a 26-year-old female. I am nervous most of the time and cry a lot because my dad passed away a month ago. I feel like there is no reason for life now, have no goals and moments without happiness. I thought about suicide several times, so I need some pills to relax me during the day time without sleeping effect. What should I do? I will never see my father again, which drives me crazy.

Related Questions:
I need some medications to relax as I am nervous most of the time. Please help.
I feel guilty about my over imagination problems. Please help to overcome it.
Can Piracetam and Ecosprin be taken together?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
Child Health, Paediatrics, Psychiatry


Welcome to icliniq.com.

It is always painful to lose a loved one. Your symptoms are suggestive of an acute grief reaction to the loss of your dad. Grief causes significant emotional distress for some weeks, but usually, you will heal gradually with support from family and friends. To clarify, did you experience any emotional problems or mental health issues before your dad passed away? In that case, the grief can be more intense, prolonged, and you may need professional support like bereavement counseling.

Usually, pills are not recommended for normal grief. But if you have any other underlying emotional problems, kindly consult your doctor who can assess and prescribe according to the need. I will advise not to isolate yourself during this period. Try to go out regularly even if you do not feel like it. Open up and talk to trusted family and friends, tell them how you feel. Try to eat daily and sleep well. Go for short walks and try to do your regular activities.

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

How to correct bedwetting of a 9 year old?
Query: Hi doctor, My child, who is 9 years old, has bedwetting problem. Please suggest me.  Read Full »
Dr. Nageswara Rao

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1 out of 65 children, wet the bed regularly at 9 years of age. Occasionally, bedwetting can be triggered by emotional distress, such as being bullied or moving to a new school. Reassuring your child that everything is fine is also important. Do not tell them off or punis...  Read Full »
Is it advisable to do root canal treatment in a child under general anesthesia?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 3 years old and has serious tooth decay. The doctor has suggested root canal treatment and that procedure will be done under general anesthesia. The whole procedure will take three hours of time as number of tooth is eight. My question is that is it safe to go through three ho...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As a parent, I can understand your nervousness. First thing it is inhalational anesthesia and most commonly used in pediatric procedure, it means there is no use of any kind of drug for anesthesia. Only a gas mask placed on face and a balanced ratio of N2O (laughing g...  Read Full »
Can thyroid problem cause excessive hair fall?
Query: Hi doctor, I have thyroid issues for the past three years. I got this when I was pregnant. I am taking Thyronorm 75 mcg tablet for the last three months. Recently, I have done the thyroid test and my T3 and T4 are normal and TSH is very low. It shows less than 0.01. What does it indicate? First, I w...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This appears to be due to over treatment or iatrogenic hyperthyroidism. Here is a list of symptoms experienced due to over treatment. They are tachycardia, palpitations, nervousness, tiredness, headache, excitability, sleeplessness, tremors, anxiety and heat intolerance. ...  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

Ankylosing Spondylitis
This article discusses about the causes, pathology, clinical features, musculoskeletal manifestation, investigation and ...Read more »
Is having severe leg pain during pregnancy normal?
Hello doctor, There is a complaint of severe pain in both the legs in my wife who is 14 weeks pregnant. She is unable t ...Read more »
The pulse rate started to fall after giving Epinephrine in a 4-year-old child. Kindly give your opinion.
Hello doctor, I am reviewing the patient care of a 4-year-old child diagnosed with the flu. He was having trouble breat ...Read more »

Also Read Answers From