Restricted Eye Movement

What causes double vision and an inability to move eyes outwards?

Query: Hi doctor, Last week, I started experiencing double vision. I went to the ER and was told that I need to see my eye doctor. The next day, I went to the eye doctor, and he did a field test. He told me a nerve was messed up in my eye due to diabetes. He said it could take a few months to heal and that...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you cannot move your eye outwards, you seem to have sixth nerve palsy (Abducent nerve). We need to investigate its cause and then contemplate a cure. The most common cause for 6th nerve palsy are as follows: Increase in intracranial pressure. Some space occupying le...  Read Full »

What causes restricted eye movement?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 10 days old. His right eye has never turned towards right. It has looked left, straight, up and down but never right. His left eye has a full range of movement. I have read about squint strabismus. However, I do not read anything about a restricted eye movement. Should I be conc...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq.com. Restricted eye movement suggests two things: Duane Retraction syndrome (DRS). Congenital sixth nerve palsy. DRS is usually associated with decrease in palpebral aperture in left gaze and normal in attempted right gaze. So look for that. Both the above are conditions assoc...  Read Full »

One of my baby's eyeballs appears to be deeper. Will it get corrected on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is one and a half months old. One of her eyeballs appears to be more inside than the other. What should we do? Should we consult a specialist or will it get alright as the baby grows?  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. Please provide me with more information so that I can guide you better. Does your baby have any vision problems? Did she reach all her milestones according to her age? How about her social smile, looking at her mother, an...  Read Full »