Retinitis Pigmentosa

How is night blindness managed?

Query: Hello doctor, My father has night blindness and his overall vision is very bad. He is taking some medication to keep his vision from degrading. He has been given advise to try Ocuvite lutein and I am not sure whether that is a good product for him. I am not aware of the side effects associated with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Night blindness at this age is very unlikely. This is mostly seen in children due to vitamin A deficiency. First thing is we need to diagnose his condition. At this age night blindness can be due to to retinal problems like retinitis pigmentosa (genetic disorder in which...  Read Full »