Rhythmic Breathing

Does practicing rhythmic breathing cause any harmful effects?

Query: Hi doctor, I have recently started practicing rhythmic breathing for peace of mind. The practice includes proper cycles of fast and slow breathing. I have heard that such process might lead to hyperventilation and asthma problems. Further while doing the process I feel some tingling and vibration i...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I congratulate you for adapting breathing exercise. It is scientifically proven exercise to control ventilation and calm down the mind. It is also helpful for the people with breathing problems and asthma. In no way it is harmful to the body. It is not at ...  Read Full »

Please explain the benefits of breathing through the nose than mouth.

Query: Hi doctor, Please explain the benefits of breathing through the mouth and breathing through the nose. Is one better for the body than the other? Does it depend on activity that is, exercise?  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nose is considered as the primary organ for breathing. It warms, cleans and humidifies the inspired air and cools and removes water from the expired. It also adds quality to the speech production. During exercise, the function of the nose is bypassed. It is important for ...  Read Full »

Should I have ablation for atrial flutter?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with atrial flutter. I have been in this condition three times in the last two years. This is flutter and not fibrillation. Two years ago, I was stuck in atrial flutter, for three weeks. After being on an anticoagulant for three weeks, I went through a successful e...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the detailed query and I have reviewed every aspect of it to come to a point of decision that may be better for you in the long run. The probability of getting unsure and unplanned episodes of atrial flutter seems to be high enough to warrant a procedural ablat...  Read Full »