Risser's Sign

Can knee and pelvic x-ray help to check, whether human growth hormone(HGH) will work for me?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have attached images of the latest x-ray imaging (attachment removed to protect user identity). I have taken this x-ray to determine my bone age, reason is that I had planned on using growth hormone therapy to help me grow taller. I was told that these bone age imaging of the wrist is...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hand x-ray for bone age is really meant for paediatric age determination (i.e, upto 12 years). You need to provide a few details to know if HGH will work for you or not. What is your current height? What is the height of your parents?  You really need the Risser's sign...  Read Full »