Q. Can knee and pelvic x-ray help to check, whether human growth hormone(HGH) will work for me?

Answered by Dr. Atul Prakash and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Human Growth Hormone or Hgh Deficiency? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Dear Doctor,

I have attached images of the latest x-ray imaging (attachment removed to protect user identity). I have taken this x-ray to determine my bone age, reason is that I had planned on using growth hormone therapy to help me grow taller.

I was told that these bone age imaging of the wrist is not enough to determine whether a 19 year old will grow any taller, as the maximum age they can predict is up to 19 years, which is my age at present.

I was told that a pelvic imaging is best for people above the age of 19 years. 

My question is on seeing the images, can you please tell if HGH will work for me?

If not then, should I consider a pelvic x-ray to help determine whether growth hormone will work for me?