Robotic Surgery

Can prostate cancer only be treated through surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 58 years old. He suffers from frequent urination and urgency to urinate. An ultrasound, blood tests, biopsy, and a bone scan was conducted. Bone scan did not show any metastasis. He was advised to take a pelvis MRI 15-20 days after the biopsy. He was diagnosed with prostate ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raghu

General Surgeon, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the reports submitted (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is clear that your father has prostate cancer. From MRI, we can know the exact size of the tumor. It will also help in staging and we can get to know is there any spread to the nearby lymph...  Read Full »

Can robotic-assisted partial laparoscopy be done on obese patients?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is obese and requires a robotic-assisted partial laparoscopy. I am worried about his weight 294, height 71 inches and how pneumoperitoneum may affect him during surgery. Currently, he is on Lisinopril 10 mg. There is a possibility of RCC on left kidney 2.5 cm.  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Kumar Kolla Gopalkrishna

Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand from your query that you are very worried. It is a major surgery. Hence, all the required guidelines will be followed, at this juncture, I like to know more about your husband habits. Does he smoke? If he smokes, how many in a day? If he does not smoke then...  Read Full »

Please clarify my doubts regarding hernia surgery.

Query: Hi doctor, My questions are related to da Vinci bilateral hernia repair with mesh. How long does it take for the tissues to completely grow into the mesh? What is the time window for rejection of the mesh after the surgery? What is the time window for developing infection after the surgery? Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hernia surgery can be done with two approaches, open surgery or minimal access surgery. The minimal access approach includes either conventional laparoscopic surgery or robotic surgery. Healing allows fibrosis to occur in the surgery area and the extent of fibrosis is ...  Read Full »