Rotator Cuff Repair

Please suggest a medicine for my father's shoulder condition.

Query: Hi doctor, I am enclosing an MRI report of my father who is 70 years old. I want to know whether an operation is the only available option for his shoulder condition according to the report. If we go for the operation, then what is the success rate? Without an operation, how long will it take to get...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the MRI report enclosed by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears that there is a rotator cuff tear due to which he must be having a weakness in his affected shoulder. The decision whether surgical procedure is required or ...  Read Full »

How long can I expect the shoulder pain to last after rotator cuff repair?

Query: Hello doctor, I had arthroscopy surgery of my right shoulder approximately five weeks ago. The surgeon repaired a rotator cuff tear, labrum tear, released one bicep tendon and did not reattach it, and subacromial decompression. The pain is still intense, and I am taking Oxycodone. I just started pas...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, arthroscopic shoulder rotator cuff repairs can be quite a difficult task post-operatively especially, after the physiotherapy is started. The pain and stiffness usually get better after a month of starting physiotherapy. So, rest after surgery combined with physiot...  Read Full »

Why is my shoulder not rotating fully?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from a shoulder rotation and mobility issues when I play sport. When I throw a ball, my shoulder is not fully rotating. It is mostly external rotation of my shoulder.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your shoulder mobility issue could be mainly due to flexibility and stability issues associated with the shoulder girdle. This could be more pronounced, especially playing a sport involved in throwing, as the flexibility is always compromised due to stability and mo...  Read Full »

Can I try physiotherapy for my shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, After I fell from my bike, sometimes, I have a little pain in my shoulder. I feel my shoulder is loose. I got an MRI of the shoulder done, and I am attaching the reports. Can I try physiotherapy for the pain? Or do I need to get a surgery? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI film is more helpful than a report on its own. You reported a fall from the bike a few months ago, but you describe little as to what happened immediately after the injury. I nee...  Read Full »

I had rotator cuff tear. Will I recover after surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I had rotator cuff surgery before eight months. The repaired shoulder hurts more than before surgery, and I have lost about 30% range of motion. Now, the doctor has told me that it is a frozen shoulder. Also, I was informed that my right shoulder rotator cuff is fully torn and he has sche...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to me, the shoulder never gets back 100 percent movement. But, 90% is possible if the surgery is done perfectly. The pain after the surgery is aggravated due to stretching of physiotherapy. Yes, working normally will be possible, and you will be able to work and...  Read Full »