Q. I have a runny nose, and I sneeze every day. Please suggest some effective medications.

Dr. Sandhya
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 25, 2021

I have a running nose and sneezing almost every day when I wake up. Sometimes, it gets decreased and sometimes, I continue to have it for a few hours. Though I have this for many years, now its frequency has increased. I took Cetirizine. But my doctor advised me to use Ebast recently. I also take Duonase nasal spray at night and it is effective on the next day.

#

You suffer from allergic rhinitis. You can suffer from it from a known or unknown allergen. You can be allergic to atmospheric pollutants confined to your house or dust that circulates in the air due to usage of ceiling fans or table fans. For now, follow these measures. You need to change your bedsheets and pillowcases often. Clean your blanket and use it after air-dried under the sun. Air dry your mattresses under the sun. Try to clean your room and house including cabinets with a wet mop or wet cloth. Do not use a brush to clean as the dust particles survive in the air. Wear a mask while cleaning your house. Continue using Duonase as it is really effective. You can start taking tablet Levocetirizine with Montelukast twice daily for two weeks and reduce it gradually to once a day. Take it at night before an hour of going to bed for the next two weeks. For some people, it causes sedation. So avoid driving after taking this tablet. Avoid any forms of allergens. Have a follow-up after two weeks and kindly update me about your progress.

|