Sneezing

How to get rid of symptoms due to allergic rhinitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My symptoms are watery eyes, blocked nose, sneezing, and runny nose with transparent fluid coming out of my nose. It gets worse when I have something from the refrigerator but I am sure it is not common cold. What other doctors diagnosed was that I have got allergic rhinitis. I feel f...  Read Full »

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have mentioned are of allergic rhinitis. But it is just not sneezing and watering of eyes. It causes major complications in your body starting from sinusitis to asthma which becomes permanent to your life. We have to curb it in its initial stages. Fi...  Read Full »

Can coughing and sneezing spread allergy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am sharing my bedroom with my father, he is 66 years old. He is in generally good health and has ulcerative colitis. I am just having an issue nowadays where he keeps sneezing and coughing without covering his face all over the room. I assume that it is due to an allergy. He does not...  Read Full »

Dr. Rohan S. Navelkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In times of coronavirus, that is the first thing that comes to my mind. Cough and nasal congestion are some of the symptoms of coronavirus sadly. If that is the case, there is a very high likelyhood you can get it from him. However, if you have got him tested and it...  Read Full »

How can I stop sneezing in the morning with stuffy nose?

Query: Hello doctor, At night time while sleeping, the nasal passage of mine gets blocked. This results in the stuffy nose in the morning once I get up in the morning and I had to continuously sneeze for a long time in the morning hours. Whenever I take Cetrizine, or Levocetirizine, or L-Montas tablets at...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your symptoms of nasal congestion and sneezing you are likely to be suffering from allergic rhinitis. One thing that is prime importance is avoidance of allergens. Then there is also the role of steroids. Since you are diabetic, systemic steroids are better ...  Read Full »

Is it normal to lose consciousness while holding back heavy sneezes?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 54 years old. He has a very heavy sneeze. When he sneezes he holds it back and he loses consciousness. I tell him not to hold it back but he is physically not able to let it go alone. Is there anything I can do to help him or anything he should do and are there any danger...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, we need to find out what is the cause of recurrent sneezing. If you look into the physiology, sneeze is a protective reflex often in response to something irritative and offensive which the body wants to push out in order to prevent it from reaching the lungs an...  Read Full »

Please suggest permanent solution for allergic cold and bronchitis.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking intermittent treatment for allergic cold and bronchitis with my family doctor pulmonologist and for some time for ET ear problem with a local ENT doctor. I had allergic sneezing and irritation for about 12 days, but no fever or cough. A local ENT gave me Azithral 5...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it seems that you are suffering from allergic rhinitis and mild intermittent asthma. From the symptoms, it is very obvious that the symptoms like nasal irritation and frequent sneezing are because of nasal allergy. You have already completed th...  Read Full »

I get sudden sneezing with bleeding from nose and no fever. Could this be Covid-19?

Query: Hello doctor, I was going on a regular day without fever or feeling anything bad with my body. Then I suddenly started sneezing every ten to fifteen seconds. My eyes became a bit watery. I went home and suddenly started to have a nosebleed. It happened once only this afternoon but now I feel a bit o...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam

General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Is this the first time you have noticed that bleeding from your nose? Since you do not have other symptoms that can qualify to suspect for Covid-19, you do not have to worry for time being. However, you must follow the WHO (World Healt...  Read Full »

My recurrent cough and sneeze do not go away even after Seretide oral spray. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33-year-old male. I would like to consult about my recurring mild cough during night time, and sneeze and runny nose in the morning that usually go away before lunchtime. I recently consulted a pulmonary doctor due to severe cough she gave me antibiotics, anti-histamine in the morn...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please continue the antihistaminic. Preferably pair it up with Montelukast. Take the medicine at 6 PM in the evening. You need a steroidal nasal spray like Mometasone as well. Take Albuterol inhaler SOS and a Budesonide inhaler twice daily for a week. Avoid exposure to ...  Read Full »

Please suggest an allopathic treatment for allergic cough in a 5-year-old kid.

Query: Hello doctor, My boy is 5 years and 8 months old. He is having allergic sneezing, on and off cold from the past eight months (my wife has a regular allergic sneezing regularly). He is good, but since three days he is having occasional cough and sneezing occasionally (especially in the morning). I h...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like allergic rhinitis. You should give an anti-allergic syrup. I hope that there is no fever.  Read Full »

How to taper the dose of Montair LC in a 5-year-old kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter 5 years old and having allergic cold symptoms sneezing, irritation of eyes, nose, and wheezing in some occasions. Our pediatrician prescribed Montair-LC kid syrup 5 ml daily. Given for three months. I want to stop the medicine but the doctor suggested to give it on alterna...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishika Randhwa

General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your child might have airway reactive disease, it suggests she is having airway reactive problems or allergy to some substance. The best plan of action will be to give Montelukast sodium 4 mg tablet in the night time. Give Salbutamol syrup 2.5 ml once daily for five...  Read Full »

Why do I get sneezing with itchy eyes and runny nose in the morning?

Query: Hello doctor, I have horror mornings. After I open my eyes and I get out the bed (only after I stand up) I start sneezing maybe 20 times. I have itchy eyes and years and runny. I feel like I have sand in my eyes. I have done prick tests for allergies and all come back negative. I also have done nas...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Allergic rhinitis is a perrinial manifestation of allergic reactions to unknown triggers. Also you may have coexisting allergic conjunctivitis. Though, Prick test is negative for most of the allergens, we can not neglect the role of unknown allergies in your case. S...  Read Full »