Sneezing

How to taper the dose of Montair LC in a 5-year-old kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter 5 years old and having allergic cold symptoms sneezing, irritation of eyes, nose, and wheezing in some occasions. Our pediatrician prescribed Montair-LC kid syrup 5 ml daily. Given for three months. I want to stop the medicine but the doctor suggested to give it on alterna...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishika Randhwa

General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your child might have airway reactive disease, it suggests she is having airway reactive problems or allergy to some substance. The best plan of action will be to give Montelukast sodium 4 mg tablet in the night time. Give Salbutamol syrup 2.5 ml once daily for five...  Read Full »

Why do I get sneezing with itchy eyes and runny nose in the morning?

Query: Hello doctor, I have horror mornings. After I open my eyes and I get out the bed (only after I stand up) I start sneezing maybe 20 times. I have itchy eyes and years and runny. I feel like I have sand in my eyes. I have done prick tests for allergies and all come back negative. I also have done nas...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Allergic rhinitis is a perrinial manifestation of allergic reactions to unknown triggers. Also you may have coexisting allergic conjunctivitis. Though, Prick test is negative for most of the allergens, we can not neglect the role of unknown allergies in your case. S...  Read Full »

I have itching eyes with running nose and sneezing after waking up. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, After waking up in the morning, there is eye area itching upto nostrils, running nose, light sneezing. Thus sleepy feeling and eyes weak feeling are there. I need tablets to not only sooth this condition but to prevent to occur it again.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your CT report you seem to have minimal thickening of mucosa which seems to be amenable to medical management (attachment removed to protect patint identity). However, we need the actual CT pictures to have an accurate assessment. Meanwhile, the steroid sprays...  Read Full »

Please suggest a siddha medicine to cure sneezing problem in the morning.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a sneezing problem (more than a year) every morning when I woke up. I forced to sneeze vigorously at least 20 times in the morning. Please suggest any medicine in Siddha to cure this sneeze. I have been taking allopathy medicine for three months but it gives more side effects, d...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are using nasal sprays of steroid and antiallergic drugs. They are not good for long term use due to side effects. According to Siddha Medicine, this condition can be treated as follows: 1) Avoid exposure or cold air (AC), dust, mist, etc. They can activate the...  Read Full »

Can I take Levocetirizine daily?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from allergy. I used to have runny nose, cough, difficulty in breathing when allergy increases and also occasional watery itchy eyes. I am not able to eat curd, citrus fruits and I cannot live in cold weather. Usually the allergy will start with sneezing, runny nose and the...  Read Full »

Dr. Neeru Bharadwaj

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have seasonal allergies may be due to dust, pollens, pets, etc. So, the best solution is to first find out the cause of allergy and to take preventive measures. Cetirizine can be taken but only for short durations. Gradually stop Cetirizine. You can...  Read Full »

Why does running nose, sneezing and blocked nose happen?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bad running nose, sneezing and blocked nose in the morning for the last ten days. I have taken Augmentin 375 for five days. It improved a bit but again relapsed today. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Running nose can be due to upper respiratory tract infection. You can take tablet Allegra M (combination of Montelukast and Fexofenadine) twice daily for about three days. Warm water gargles ...  Read Full »

I am facing too much cold. Kindly suggest medicines to withstand the cold.

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing too much cold (almost every day), whereas during my last four-year stay in the previous place, even for a single day, I never had a cold. All medicine like Avil, Sinarest, Citragin, etc. failed and almost all home remedies also. Please suggest to me which medicine will giv...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the symptoms detailed, you have allergic rhinitis. Do you have a history of sinusitis? Sinus tenderness which can be elicited by applying pressure over your head, on cheek bones? Do you have congestion or blocked nose? Well the main cause of allergic rhinitis is...  Read Full »

My 2.6 year old has cold, cough and sneezing. Will Levolin help in curing all these?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2.6 years old son is suffering from cold, cough, and sneezing from three days, and yesterday night, he developed a fever. I am giving him Levolin syrup 5 ml, and for fever, I had given Babygesic 1.5 ml. Is Levolin for both cold and cough, as well as sneezing?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cough cold and fever could be due to viral infection, does your child have wheezing also? If no wheeze in the past I suggest you use any other antitussive medication for cough, Levolin (Levosalbutamol) is a bronchodilator used in cough associated with wheeze, so ...  Read Full »

I have lung pain and it is getting worse during deep breath and sneeze. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old girl. My problem is that I am suffering from lower lung pain on the left side for the past 10 days. I already consulted a doctor, but he was not able to find anything abnormal in X-ray and blood reports. He prescribed me some capsules and pain killers, but it does n...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said, you had left chest pain for 10 days, and all reports are normal, it is very difficult to interpret it. You should elaborate your history in detail, including your history or similar episodes in the past. Attach the x-ray with your query. If you are havin...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain while coughing, and sneezing. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having mild pain while coughing, sneezing, or doing some full stretch work below the lower rib in the right side of the abdomen. Kindly suggest treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly get an ECG, chest x-ray done. Also, mention what medication are you taking for your sickness. Pain while coughing could be due to inflammation in the intercostal muscles due to excessive coughing. Other reason could be due to pleural effusion. That why at lest...  Read Full »