Sneezing

I am facing too much cold. Kindly suggest medicines to withstand the cold.

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing too much cold (almost every day), whereas during my last four-year stay in the previous place, even for a single day, I never had a cold. All medicine like Avil, Sinarest, Citragin, etc. failed and almost all home remedies also. Please suggest to me which medicine will giv...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the symptoms detailed, you have allergic rhinitis. Do you have a history of sinusitis? Sinus tenderness which can be elicited by applying pressure over your head, on cheek bones? Do you have congestion or blocked nose? Well the main cause of allergic rhinitis is...  Read Full »

My 2.6 year old has cold, cough and sneezing. Will Levolin help in curing all these?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2.6 years old son is suffering from cold, cough, and sneezing from three days, and yesterday night, he developed a fever. I am giving him Levolin syrup 5 ml, and for fever, I had given Babygesic 1.5 ml. Is Levolin for both cold and cough, as well as sneezing?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cough cold and fever could be due to viral infection, does your child have wheezing also? If no wheeze in the past I suggest you use any other antitussive medication for cough, Levolin (Levosalbutamol) is a bronchodilator used in cough associated with wheeze, so ...  Read Full »

I have lung pain and it is getting worse during deep breath and sneeze. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old girl. My problem is that I am suffering from lower lung pain on the left side for the past 10 days. I already consulted a doctor, but he was not able to find anything abnormal in X-ray and blood reports. He prescribed me some capsules and pain killers, but it does n...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said, you had left chest pain for 10 days, and all reports are normal, it is very difficult to interpret it. You should elaborate your history in detail, including your history or similar episodes in the past. Attach the x-ray with your query. If you are havin...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain while coughing, and sneezing. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having mild pain while coughing, sneezing, or doing some full stretch work below the lower rib in the right side of the abdomen. Kindly suggest treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly get an ECG, chest x-ray done. Also, mention what medication are you taking for your sickness. Pain while coughing could be due to inflammation in the intercostal muscles due to excessive coughing. Other reason could be due to pleural effusion. That why at lest...  Read Full »

I have chronic bronchitis with running nose and sneezes. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I have chronic bronchitis. Now I have running nose and sneezes, please suggest long term goal and moreover what is the life expectancy for chronic bronchitis?  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammad Asran

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. About chronic bronchitis, it is a part of a disease called COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). It is diagnosed by the history of heavy smoking, which is the most important factor in controlling the disease and prevention of complication. To prevent further ...  Read Full »

Why do I have sneezing after tooth extraction?

Query: Hello doctor,I had got two teethpulled yesterday. Developed terrible sneezing. What should I do? I have tried over the counter drugs, but not helping.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to know if it is the upper back tooth which has been pulled out. If no, then there is no connection between the sneezing and it. You will be absolutely fine with home remedies. Over the counter medication will take at least three dosages to work. S...  Read Full »

Is sneezing after swimming normal?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is coughing, sneezing, no fever, and wheezing when breathing. She was at the pool. Usually, she excessively sneezes after swimming. What can I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Y Siva Roja

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your daughter’s problem. Her complaints might be due to an allergic reaction to the chlorine in the swimming pools (particularly due to chloramines release) to which some people are more especially prone. This can also be due to the developm...  Read Full »

Is Augmentin 625 safe to take during the third week of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am three weeks pregnant, and I am suffering from a chest infection. So an ENT specialist doctor prescribed Augmentin 625 tablet. I wanted to know if it is safe to use this antibiotic, as I am pregnant.  Read Full »

Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) is a category B drug, which otherwise means it is very safe in pregnancy. I suggest taking it along with Cetirizine 10 mg at night if you sneeze a lot. Also, do warm saline gargling if you have a sore throat. For further quer...  Read Full »

Why do I sneeze multiple times a day?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old and my weight is 70 Kg. I got married 6 months back and I am having PCOD. I had sinusitis few years back and I got treated for the same. For about a year, I have been facing frequent cold issues and sneezing issues. Every day I sneeze at least 10 to 15 times. I have d...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to be suffering from allergic rhinitis. Vitamin D levels are low and serum iron is normal only. I advise you following: Take a combination of tablet Levocetrizine and Montelukast for 2 week...  Read Full »

Is Morning Phlegm With Blood Related To Allergy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am allergic to pollen and I am suffering from hay fever. I have been sneezing because of it. In the mornings I see a bit of phlegm with a little bit of red blood in it. Also, it is seen only in the morning. Is it related to allergy or something to worry about? I am reasonably healthy an...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is related to your allergy. Sometimes, with excessive sneezing you may have this capillary bleeding. Nothing to worry as it is coming only in the morning associated with sneezing. Try to avoid contact with pollen. I suggest you to use antihistamines ...  Read Full »