Sneezing

Why do I get right-sided headaches when I look down with a runny nose?

Query: Madam good afternoon. I have headache on right side and pain on right side. also right side nose is blocked and water is coming. Sometimes sneezing is also there. When I look down it becomes full and pains. What I should do madam?  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hello, It seems like you are suffering from sinusitis. The sinuses which are surrounding the nose secrete mucus which is secreted into the nose. Pain near the nasal bone & headache are symptoms of sinusitis. However I would like uo ask u a few questions: Since when are u having these sympto...  Read Full »

I have chronic bronchitis with running nose and sneezes. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I have chronic bronchitis. Now I have running nose and sneezes, please suggest long term goal and moreover what is the life expectancy for chronic bronchitis?  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammad Asran

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. About chronic bronchitis, it is a part of a disease called COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). It is diagnosed by the history of heavy smoking, which is the most important factor in controlling the disease and prevention of complication. To prevent further ...  Read Full »

What is the difference between COVID-19 and other influenza-like illness?

Query: doctor. I am also a practising general physician. But, i am confused in this time of corona. I am having sneezing and nasal discharge. How should i manage ILI (influenza-like illnesses) in our setup?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: hi thnx for the query. I can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from sneezing, nasal drooling or mouth breathing.ur query is about the treatment protocol of ILI or Influenza like illness. sign and symptoms of influenza r fever,cough, runny nose,sore throat,bod...  Read Full »

Why does it give a pungent and foul smell when my father sneezes?

Query: My fathers age is 65 years. When he sneezes it gives a very pungent and foul smell. What is the remedy for this? This issue is going on for the past couple of months.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! There is absolutely nothing that you need to worry about. Sneezes can often be pungent smelling in a few people and its sometimes genetically determined without any underlying condition as such. However, in your case the most likely problem could be underlying allergies which could cause stasi...  Read Full »

Why am I feeling weak and cold with sneezing?

Query: from last two day I am feeling very weakness , some cold because I slept in the ac without t-shirt after taking a bath and also to inform you that 4 day ago I also donate blood .current situation is feeling very down ,weakness ,little bit of cold , and sneezing ,not having proper concentration on s...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Thanks for your query. These appear to be prodromal symptoms of a viral illness. Please take proper precaution on avoiding unnecessary exposure to risk factors catching cold. As far as your treatment, please complete the 5 days of antibiotic & Cheston cold. After that we could discuss need for furth...  Read Full »

What causes sneezing problems, climate change or allergy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am living in a tropical coastal area. I used to travel always. When I am outside my place or abroad, I do not have any problem. But, when I enter my place and as soon as I enter my house, I will start sneezing and then after sometime my nose will start dripping. This happens only in my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This seems to be a hypersensitivity reaction (allergy) and is most likely caused by dust mites in your house. The other factors could be pollens of a particular type of plant near your house. This is not a serious issue and you need not worry about it. Just get an allerge...  Read Full »

Please suggest a permanent solution for frequent sneezing and runny nose?

Query: Sir i have sneezing attack in morning since 9 years. Sometimes running nose but sometimes feels very well. Don't know when can i have runny nose. Is there any permanent solution for this. I am 30 years old. When i walk or work i don't have runny nose.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi sir Welcome to icliniq Actually sir such rhinitis is called allergic rhinitis and which is caused by some allergens like dust or pollen. So first of all avoid such allergens the permanent solution is avoid allergies which are causing this. and drink lukewarm water for some days. Take tab cetiriz...  Read Full »

Is Morning Phlegm With Blood Related To Allergy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am allergic to pollen and I am suffering from hay fever. I have been sneezing because of it. In the mornings I see a bit of phlegm with a little bit of red blood in it. Also, it is seen only in the morning. Is it related to allergy or something to worry about? I am reasonably healthy an...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is related to your allergy. Sometimes, with excessive sneezing you may have this capillary bleeding. Nothing to worry as it is coming only in the morning associated with sneezing. Try to avoid contact with pollen. I suggest you to use antihistamines ...  Read Full »

Suffering from common cold and sneezing. Kindly tell me some treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old man suffering from a common cold from last evening. There is very much sneezing, however, sneezing is obstructed sometimes. Also, there is water dripping from the nose.  Read Full »

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you may have allergic rhinitis. I would recommend using Flonase nasal spray one spray in each nostril twice daily for three to four days also. Take tablet Levocetirizine 10 mg one tablet once daily for 3 to 4 days. These are generic names of the drug.  Read Full »

What causes smelly sneezes?

Query: Hello, When I sneeze hard it creates a smell in the air that's hard to describe. I've read online that this could be a sinus infection or diabetes or other health issues, but I am in good health and have no symptoms of a sinus infection or diabetes. However, this has been happening for years (I a...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! There is absolutely nothing that you need to worry about. Sneezes can often be pungent smelling in a few people and its sometimes genetically determined without any underlying condition as such. However, in your case the most likely problem could be underlying allergies which could cause stas...  Read Full »