Q. What are the days after periods should I stay out of sex to avoid pregnancy?

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

After how many days of periods, sex should not happen to avoid pregnancy?

#

Your question actually pertains to a natural birth control method called rhythm method calendar method (you can search it on net). Let me tell you the safe days are the days you can actually have sex in order not to get pregnant but, this method is not full proof and there are failure rates too. Consider first day of your cycle (menstrual cycle) as the day from which you began to bleed.

You keep a track of your cycles and determine your shortest and longest cycle but before that know it that your cycles must be regular. Substract 20 from your shortest cycle and 10 from your longest cycle and you get your safe days. Eg. Shortest is 26 Longest is 30. 26-20= 6 30-10= 20. Days 6 to 20 is unsafe for you. Rest all will be safe to have sex to avoid pregnancy. There are many other calculations for calendar which you yourself can search but my recommendations will be five days after the last day of your first cycle that is when the bleeding stops will be the safest (though not 100 percent).

|