Salicylic Acid Peels

Can Hydrocortisone cream be used if the face becomes red and inflamed after a chemical peel?

Query: Hello doctor,Five weeks ago, I did a much too deep Jessner and a 30 % TCA combination peel myself. I swelled so much 24 hours after the peel that my eyes almost shut. Yes, this was a terrible mistake. My face is still red, but slowly resolving and I have been keeping it constantly moist and have bee...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, there is redness on the side of the forehead. Redness from a deep peel can stay for months. Instead of a massage, I suggest you use a topical steroid cream, pr...  Read Full »

Will chemical peel help in treating acne and hyperpigmentation scars of acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old male and suffering from acne since I was 14. I have tried a retinoid, Doxycycline, countless topical creams and scrubs, a six-month course of Accutane, and nothing seemed to work permanently. Accutane was the most effective drug at preventing my acne but, two month...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like you have had really bad acne and have been trying hard to improve it. I would suggest you not to stop the treatment abruptly as it usually leads to a flare. Instead, once the acne is controlled, you should reduce the frequency to a maintenance dose, suc...  Read Full »

Please suggest chemical peels for rosacea.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. My height is 5'5", and weight is 69 kg. I have been suffering from acne, redness and often small, red, pus-filled bumps on my face since I am 14. I visited a lot of dermatologists, but they never able to identify the reason. I have got prescriptions and that never...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kothiwala

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rosacea is a condition which may get aggravates during season change, temperature change, exercise, alcohol and stress. In rosacea, skin becomes very sensitive, and you cannot apply for any other medicines. As you said treatment prescribed by the previous doctor worked fo...  Read Full »

Without medicine or gel, how to get a permanent solution for acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My problem is acne. I am getting red whitehead with pus. I was taking Isotretinoin 20 mg for 1.6 years. When I was on Isotretinoin, I did not get even a single acne. After two weeks of stopping Isotretinoin, I had a sudden breakout. My skin is very oily, and I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, if you have an acne prone skin, then it is impossible to have a clear skin without any topical and oral intervention. Since you have taken more than a year of Isotretinoin 20 mg daily, I would not advise repeating that at the moment. I suggest you Doxy 10...  Read Full »

Will combined oral contraceptive pills help treat acne and female pattern hair loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old female, and I am currently taking Tetracycline tablets 500 mg, twice a day for my adult acne. I have been taking them since last year. Previous to this, and sometimes still, I use Duac 10 mg or 50 mg topically. I used this on my back and face for about a year before ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have been on Tetracycline for quite a long time. There are other options also like you said oral Isotretinoin, which gives very good result in patients with acne. But if the patient is on this medication, then it is advised to avoid pregnancy. At least there shoul...  Read Full »

I get red cysts on my face. Is it acne or rosacea?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am 6'1" tall and I weigh 170 pounds. Often, I get red cysts of some sort on my face beneath the skin that take a while to heal. I have oily skin, and get whiteheads as well. I have fluid-filled boil-like lesions on my face. I have been to a few dermatologist...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rosacea is a skin disorder that affects people above 30 years. Other than acne-like lesions, people with rosacea have redness of the face and dry skin associated with burning sensation. They also have redness and irritation in the eyes. The redness of the face is a...  Read Full »

I am just fed up with my dark complexion. Please prescribe me some skin whitening product.

Query: Hello Doctor, I am just fed up with my dark complexion. Please prescribe me some skin whitening product.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Natural complexion is the best. Cosmetics do more harm than good. You can avoid them. Melanin pigment in the skin protects against cancers. Presence of more melanin in the skin gives the dark complexion. You can use sunscreen lotions which help in preventing tan d...  Read Full »

What can I do to overcome oily face?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I am facing a few issues for which I seek your help. I have oily face, but a very dry body skin. Please advise what I can do to overcome this. I stay in a joint family and as a result have to masturbate very privately most of the times. Also, most of the times I...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to reply it in pointwise: Oily face is the nature of the skin. It is very difficult to cure it permanently. But, you can try the following tips. Do not use hair oil or any sticky cream on face. Avoid oily food, chocolate, milk products, dust and use sunscree...  Read Full »