Q. How can I treat the small red dots on the side of my knee?

Dr. Sushil Kakkar

I have a cluster of small red dots on side of the knee. It looks like a hickey. It is smooth, painless, and itch-free. It has been on the knee for about two months. I have attached images for your reference. What medicines should I take?

#

I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Perhaps it is a Schamberg's purpura which is caused due to capillaritis.
  • I suggest an oral vitamin C once daily. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicine.
  • I suggest for topical use, you may use a moderately potent topical steroid like Mometasone furoate 0.1% cream or Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% cream twice daily.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|