Scheuermann's Kyphosis

What could be the reason for my constant backache and stiffness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. I have been experiencing constant backaches since I was 10-12 years old. My back and spine would often go super stiff, so I tend to crack it by twisting my body back and forth, easing the pain. Usually, a cold temperature would trigger a painful stiff, makin...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I must say the x-rays are not very clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I will leave to assume that the angle mentioned is true. The pain in the back of a young person with only 8 degrees of the curve is unlikely, and we must explore other poss...  Read Full »

Is there any remedy to correct the forward-bent spine?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 14 years old. She cannot ultimately stand straight. Her spine bends forward a little near the upper back and shoulders. Could you please suggest me a remedy?  Read Full »

Dr. Berry Chirag Ashok

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for using this platform. It sounds like your sister has a forward bend in her upper back when you look at her from her side. Is this correct? We give this forward bend a name called kyphosis. While kyphosis can have numerous causes, the most common in this age ...  Read Full »