Q. What are the treatment options available for neck spasms in me?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I have had X-ray results and want some professional advice on how to head on with this and what options I should be considering.

#

According the reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) you have two issues - neck spasm, reversal of cervical lordosis, and a round back probably from a Scheuermann disease. The neck is amenable to exercise and some muscle relaxants, but the mid back is more fixed and unlike to improve much, but you can try some manual therapy.

Is the curve severe enough to be concerned about surgery?

#

Hello.

The issue is how is your back affecting you. Are you in pain? Have you tried physiotherapy? Do you have any respiratory problems? Are you conscious about the back being round, and is the deformation progressing? The curve is not severe, but I do not have a measure. I think it is less than 75 degrees. This is the cut-off before I would consider surgery unless you have severe pain.

|