Scleral Lens

I experience white haze more with contact lenses. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a contact lens and glass user. I had not worn my contacts for three days but changed the solution each day. I put my contacts on today and noticed that it looked like I saw a white haze. The weird thing about it has I only noticed it when an area is not well. I thought that it is bec...  Read Full »

Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There could be two reasons. The lenses may have micro scratches, and hence the blurring with contacts only. Sometimes the cornea starves for oxygen on using lenses causing epithelial haze or punctate spots. This can lead to haze. This happens because of protein built up ...  Read Full »

I have glaucoma during pregnancy. Will labor pressure cause damage to my eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I had keratoconus and started developing glaucoma. My eyes are really weak, and my right eye is at its thinnest point. I will upload reports from my doctor. I am pregnant and scared labor pressure. Will it cause any harm to my eyes? What is your opinion? I am on Euthyrox 25 for underactiv...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition is really bad in your right eye (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Use scleral lenses till hydrops is resolved and pregnancy ends. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-docto...  Read Full »

Kindly tell me the best treatment for advanced keratoconus after using scleral lenses.

Query: Hello doctor,I would like to know the best treatment for advanced keratoconus after using scleral lenses as well. Will there be a condition, where I do not have to use lenses like ever?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. There are a number of different treatments for keratoconus based on the corneal topographical measures and your visual needs. The best to halt progression is corneal collagen cross-linking (C3R). This procedure causes the development of a lot...  Read Full »