Sebopsoriasis

I have hair fall, itching and white flakes on scalp. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, For four years, I have been suffering from severe hair fall. I have also visited a hair clinic once, but their treatment is too expensive. So, I have not continued the treatment. As my earning is very low, I have never visited any good dermatologist. I have tried various products, but the...  Read Full »

Dr. Joydeep Singha

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is sebopsoriasis of the scalp (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest a shampoo containing Coal tar and Salicylic acid on alternate day and keep it for 5 to 7 minutes on the hair and then wash. There is no evidence of familial type of hair loss fou...  Read Full »

My face has broken out worse than before. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. My face is heavily broken out worse than ever before with patches of flaking and peeling of skin over the oily areas. I have had acne since the age of 9, and have had psoriasis since I was 7 which tends to appear on my face during winter and on the rest of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and I have viewed the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have inflammatory acne (moderate to severe grade). The flakiness over the oily skin zone is perhaps due to associated seborrheic dermatitis or sebopsoria...  Read Full »

Is it possible to control sebopsoriasis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have flaky skin on my scalp. My doctor told me it is sebopsoriasis. The flaking is limited to the scalp, and my doctor has prescribed Folitrax 5 mg and Aprezo 30 mg. I am having this problem for about four to five years. I am able to control flaking in the scalp by washing with shampoo...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query. Yes, it can be controlled with medications. But, unfortunately, you may experience frequent exacerbations due to stress or steroids or specific medicine or due to a sore throat. Mix one part of Betamethasone lotion with two part of an oliv...  Read Full »