Seminoma Germ Cell Tumor

I am diagnosed with mediastinal seminoma. Please interpret my reports.

Query: Hello doctor, Can you interpret this for me? Recently diagnosed with mediastinal seminoma and completed 3 BEP chemotherapy before five months.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are some lymph node-like structures in the chest area which take up radiotracer, and it will help to study the complete series of images of your scan. A diagnosis of cancer always requires a biopsy. No treatment of cancer is justified without biopsy confirmatio...  Read Full »

My ward has a germ cell tumor. What type of cancer it is and is this curable?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently I came to know that my ward has a germ cell tumor. He is undergoing surgery for the removal of right testes today. It is unknown whether he is affected with cancer if so, what is the type and whether it is curable or not? How long will this take and what are the steps should ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a high-grade testicular germ cell tumor (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The molecular markers such as hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) and LDH (lactate dehydrogenase) are high. Also its spread to the liver and adjacent lymph nodes. Ideall...  Read Full »