Sensory Loss

What are the symptoms of multiple sclerosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female, I would like to know if multiple sclerosis is hereditary? My dad has it, and I am very nervous to inherit this disease. I have had two brain MRI's that have been normal, except for an incidental finding of a pineal gland cyst. I continue to worry about inhe...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It is clear that you are not having MS (Multiple sclerosis) as of date. None of your symptoms are typical of multiple sclerosis. Back and thigh pain is posture related and tremors are anxiety related. Repeated MRI's being normal further rules ...  Read Full »

My friend is suffering from neuropathic pain after a thalamic stroke. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My friend, who is a 48 years old female, suffered a CVA three years back. She was diagnosed with a right thalamic hemorrhagic stroke with pericardial effusion, left hemiparesis, autoimmune thyroiditis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ischemic unstable angina, grade 3 obesity, altered glucose...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thalamus is the part of the brain, through which all sensory information is relayed. After a stroke involving the thalamus, many times, the patient develops thalamic pain syndrome, which is very poorly responsive to medications. But as you told that it was relieved ...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment to regain sensory loss following accident?

Query: Hi doctor, The query is regarding my friend. He met with a major accident and his lower limbs power 0/5 after accident. There is no sensation below naval and allopathy doctors have given up hopes. Request your inputs whether such cases can be supported. We have tried a lot of doctors. Now looking fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The sad thing about brain and spinal cord is that once damage is done, it is not possible to reverse it. Having said that, there is a lot of research going on in this field. In the west, similar patients have been benefited by braces that help relay the commands from b...  Read Full »

What is Brown-Sequard Syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, In case of Brown-Sequard Syndrome - left side damage, I am just wondering why the muscle strength grade of the left leg flexion 0/5 and left leg extension 2/5?  Read Full »

Dr. Chandan Mohanty

Neurologist, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Brown-Sequard syndrome is damage to half of the spinal cord with complete paralysis on one side with loss of touch sensation and complete loss of pain and temperature on the opposite side. The information you have provided is not complete. It is important to know muscle s...  Read Full »