Q. Is there any treatment to regain sensory loss following accident?

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

The query is regarding my friend. He met with a major accident and his lower limbs power 0/5 after accident. There is no sensation below naval and allopathy doctors have given up hopes. Request your inputs whether such cases can be supported. We have tried a lot of doctors. Now looking forward to your inputs and also looking to get further medications. He is going through two rounds of physiotherapy daily. I have attached the test reports for your reference.

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgery Neurology
#

• The sad thing about brain and spinal cord is that once damage is done, it is not possible to reverse it.
  • Having said that, there is a lot of research going on in this field. In the west, similar patients have been benefited by braces that help relay the commands from brain to the muscles in the leg.
  • However, none of them has been approved for treatment yet. Until then, physiotherapy and rehabilitation are the only answer to this problem.

For further information consult a neurosurgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neuro-surgeon

|