Q. Is there any treatment to regain sensory loss following accident?

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Published on Apr 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

The query is regarding my friend. He met with a major accident and his lower limbs power 0/5 after accident. There is no sensation below naval and allopathy doctors have given up hopes. Request your inputs whether such cases can be supported. We have tried a lot of doctors. Now looking forward to your inputs and also looking to get further medications. He is going through two rounds of physiotherapy daily. I have attached the test reports for your reference.

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgery Neurology
#

• The sad thing about brain and spinal cord is that once damage is done, it is not possible to reverse it.
  • Having said that, there is a lot of research going on in this field. In the west, similar patients have been benefited by braces that help relay the commands from brain to the muscles in the leg.
  • However, none of them has been approved for treatment yet. Until then, physiotherapy and rehabilitation are the only answer to this problem.

For further information consult a neurosurgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neuro-surgeon

| 

What is the best treatment for Erb's palsy?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has Erbs palsy but we did physiotherapy for three months and the doctor said she is fine but she is still struggling with the hand and this is about six months after the doctor discharged us. Please tell me what should I do.  Read Full »

My brother has got HIE and heart attack. When can he return to normal?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother is 51 years old. He has got HIE status after MRI reports. He had a sudden heart attack. Can he be cured? When can he return to his normal life?  Read Full »

Ask a Neuro Surgeon Now