Q. Why is my shoulder not rotating fully?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

I have been suffering from a shoulder rotation and mobility issues when I play sport. When I throw a ball, my shoulder is not fully rotating. It is mostly external rotation of my shoulder.

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapy
#

Your shoulder mobility issue could be mainly due to flexibility and stability issues associated with the shoulder girdle.

This could be more pronounced, especially playing a sport involved in throwing, as the flexibility is always compromised due to stability and more mobility in the joint.

Do not worry as this can be fixed easily with a couple of stretches like posterior capsule stretch and rotator cuff stretches like sleeper stretch. Keep doing this stretches and do some stability exercises. That will fix your problem once for all. Hope this is helpful for you.

Kindly revert in case you need any further help in this regard.

For more information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

|