Q. Why is my shoulder not rotating fully?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

I have been suffering from a shoulder rotation and mobility issues when I play sport. When I throw a ball, my shoulder is not fully rotating. It is mostly external rotation of my shoulder.

#

Your shoulder mobility issue could be mainly due to flexibility and stability issues associated with the shoulder girdle.

This could be more pronounced, especially playing a sport involved in throwing, as the flexibility is always compromised due to stability and more mobility in the joint.

Do not worry as this can be fixed easily with a couple of stretches like posterior capsule stretch and rotator cuff stretches like sleeper stretch. Keep doing this stretches and do some stability exercises. That will fix your problem once for all. Hope this is helpful for you.

Kindly revert in case you need any further help in this regard.

For more information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

| 

Does Cissus extract promote tendon healing?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is suffering from shoulder stiffness, especially in the evening and at night. As he gets pain with some physical activities, he is avoiding most of the physical activities. Even 3 hours of car travelling will result in shoulder pain. He had an MRI scan and I have attached the re...  Read Full »

My lower back hurts a lot. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have hurt my lower back assumably while pushing a full set of drawers, around four to five months ago. I was in physiotherapy, but I have been discharged and I am waiting to see a specialist. I have been told that it may be an inflammatory problem. My skin is extremely sensitive in my l...  Read Full »

Apart from anti-inflammatory medicine, what should I do for plantar fasciitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. I am having swollen feet despite taking anti-inflammatory medications. Please help.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Physiotherapist Now