Sialolith

Why does the submandibular swelling remain the same after mumps infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had mumps around eight years back. The infection resolved but my glands did not get back to their normal size. Rather they are present as a small hard lump. I do not have any issue with it, but I was wondering if this can pose some problems in the future. Can such lumps turn maligna...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is absolutely nothing that you need to worry about. Can you specify which glands have an underlying hard lump? If it is the parotid gland and you feel there is an underlying hard mass below, I would recommend an ultrasound of the same to ascertain what is the ca...  Read Full »

I have painless flap for three weeks in cheek near saliva hole. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a kind of flap in my mouth since three weeks in the inner left cheek near the saliva hole. At the beginning, it was bright red with light pain when I put my tongue on it, and now, the flap is the same color than the rest of my mouth and painless. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In the absence of pain, it seems to be a case of fibroma, a non-benign lesion and you need not worry about that. This can be due to trauma, bite or sharp tooth or broken tooth in the area. However, I need to rule out the possibility of stone in duct and tooth. Can you...  Read Full »

What is the tag like structure near frenum under the tongue?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a small tag like structure near frenulum on one out of two ducts which goes on both sides under the tongue. Kindly have a close look and advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Tinu Thampy

Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Dentist, Oral Implantologist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the lesion looks like either the after effect of an injury to the duct or salivary gland stone or a papilloma. Nothing to worry. This can be removed by surgical excision of the lesion. After that send the...  Read Full »