Q. Why am I having a painless flap for three weeks in cheek near saliva hole?

Answered by
Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M
This is a premium question & answer published on May 20, 2019

Hi doctor,

I have a kind of flap in my mouth since three weeks in the inner left cheek near the saliva hole. At the beginning, it was bright red with light pain when I put my tongue on it, and now, the flap is the same color than the rest of my mouth and painless. What should I do?



Welcome to

In the absence of pain, it seems to be a case of fibroma, a non-benign lesion and you need not worry about that. This can be due to trauma, bite or sharp tooth or broken tooth in the area.

However, I need to rule out the possibility of stone in duct and tooth. Can you answer these questions: Do you feel any pain on chewing or during eating in any part of the mouth or gland? Is there any pain when you bite? Do you have any carious tooth in the region? Do you have any history of biting in that region? Any other problem for which you are taking medicines?

Thank you doctor,

No, I do not feel any pain at all. Sometimes, I bite my cheek, however, I do not remember to have bitten that high. And, never had caries.



Welcome back to

Do not worry. It will relieve but remember if you bite, it may be due to irregular tooth which you can ask dentist to contour or smoothen. So, for your current problem, get Triamcinolone Acetonide gel or Kenacort gel and apply it three times daily with finger or cotton for five days. It will relieve.

However, if remains as such, you may require additional investigation that I will tell you later. But I hope you will get relieved and will not need that. Also, I advise you to maintain good oral hygiene by brushing, especially before going to bed.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I have a spot on my tongue. Is it something serious?

.. gone through your question and understand your concern. As per your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it does not look like any severe problem. This could be the friction or irritational in nature due to a sharp tooth e...   Read full

Does tooth cleaning procedure remove the enamel away?

.. all, I would like to say you that, is the right machine which all dentists use to clean the teeth. It is called ultrasonic scaler, and it sprays water and not some other liquid. I saw the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect pa...   Read full

From the photos, kindly tell me if the fibroma on my soft palate is cancerous.

My lesion is approximately 2 mm round and slightly raised, with minimal discomfort ... Other associations may be discharge, pain in the area, lymph node swelling in the drainage area, etc ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Coronavirus Variant Arcturus: | Omicron XBB.1.16 Variant
Arcturus is an emerging variant of the Omicron virus that causes various symptoms and spreads rapidly across the world. ...  Read more»
Adrenaline Rush - Symptoms, Causes, Effects, and How to Control
Adrenaline is a hormone responsible for fight or flight response. It is also a neurotransmitter and medicine. It is also...  Read more»
Fatty Liver - Types, Symptoms, Stages, and Treatment
The liver is the largest gland in the body. Its primary function is to process the food and drinks we consume. and filte...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dentist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.