Q. Are my symptoms a side effect of Epanutin?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I feel I can see everything around me at the same time, although I am focusing on some other thing. When someone sitting next to me or across me makes any movement like scratching their nose, shoulder, knee or even twitch an arm, then I quickly look in that direction and back. I feel people think that I am watching them and now, I am trying to avoid people, but it is difficult at work. I had the same issue about nine years ago. I am using Epanutin for 20 years with Rivotril for about two years for epilepsy. Previously, I was using Epanutin, Topamax and Lamictin. My Epanutin level is 100%. I wanted to know whether the symptoms are any side effect of the medications that I am consuming.

#

• Yes, the symptoms that you are explaining could result from drugs like Epanutin (Phenytoin).
  • I suppose you should mention this to your doctor and let them evaluate if you could be shifted to other antiepileptic drugs like Valproic acid.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|