Q. I have dryness and skin issues on my breasts over the last few days. Please help.

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

I noticed some dryness and skin issues on both my breast over the last few days. I am currently taking tablet Sertraline 150 mg. Please help.

#

I understand your concern.

It is eczematous dermatitis.

I suggest you follow the steps below,

1. Apply Motium cream (Mometasone cream) at night for ten days.

2. Apply Cetaphil moisturizing lotion two to three times daily and immediately after bath for ten days.

3. Use Azac (Azelaic acid) soap for bathing for ten days.

4. Tablet Teczine M (Levocetirizine 5 mg and Montelukast 10 mg) once at night after food for seven days.

5. Avoid scratching and rubbing of lesions and maintain proper hygiene.

Thanks for your reply. So nothing cancerous or pre-cancerous, right? and what causes it?

#

I understand your concern.

Causes can be allergic, contact with irritants like chemicals, detergents, and harsh soaps, cold and dry area, weather conditions, low humidity, sweat, occlusion, friction, stress, repeated scratching, rubbing, picking, increased sweating, ingested allergens like food and drugs, tight wear or secondary infections, atopy (endogenous factors) and dry skin. It is not cancerous. Do not worry. It will go in ten days. Follow-up after ten days.

Elimination of known triggers and allergens is essential. Apply emollient barrier creams or moisturizers whenever skin dries out. Avoid activities that cause excessive sweating and dry conditions, which trigger eczema. Minimize the use of harsh soaps and avoid stress.

|