Q. I am suffering from rashes in almost all parts of the body. What could it be?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jul 30, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2019

It has started as a rash and is now spreading almost to every region of my upper body. I went to ER first time, and the doctor thought it could be eczema and then my GP thought it could be psoriasis. I have no medical conditions, and neither is anyone in my family. What could it be?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

I have seen your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are some crusted follicular and few non follicular papules visible along with scaling. So it seems like psoriatic lesions.

1. Apply Vasu Cutisora oil externally to affected areas twice a day.
2. Orally you should take Himalaya Purim two tablets, Baidyanath Gandhaka Rasayana one tablet, Jiva Kutki capsule one capsule thrice a day after meals.
3. Khadirarishtam 15 ml twice a day with an equal amount of water after meals.

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods.
Keep it clean and dry.

Do these things and provide your feedback after 15 days.

Is it safe to use Corticosteroid cream on cheeks for eczema?

Query: Hi doctor, I have eczema. There is redness in my cheeks. I have used Corticosteroid cream for six days. Are there any side effects in using it?  Read Full »

General Management of Difficult Psoriasis

Article Overview: Here, I have discussed about the general management of difficult psoriasis and the prevention of its exacerbation. Read Article

Psoriasis is a chronic genetically influenced immunologically based inflammatory disease of skin and joints. A majority of patients can be managed with topical coal tar, Dithranol and corticosteroids. However, psoriasis has a tendency to recur and may become worse. Moderate to severe psoriasis defin...  Read Article

Are body pain, headache and skin rashes symptoms of dengue?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 10 years old. For the past eight days, she has been suffering from body pain, headache, and some skin irritation. Her doctor said that it is pitta acidity. There is no improvement till date. Last year, during rainy season, she had some face and body irritation problem, whic...  Read Full »

Ask a Naturopathy Specialist Now