Q. I am afraid of flu and skin rashes I had after oral sex. Please help.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

I received oral sex from a sex worker without condom and sex with a condom. After two weeks, I got flu (no fever), then I was panic, too much stressed and worried. And I had body burn like sunburn about a week. I have a skin rash on my backside and a few spots. I worry about this problem. I have it for the past 22 days. Kindly help.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV/AIDS Specialist
#

1) Oral sex is a less risky activity, but, that does not mean that it is risk-free.

2) The likelihood of HIV transmission from a person with HIV to a non-HIV infected individual depends on the type of contact involved.

3) The risk of HIV transmission during oral sex, i.e., seminal or vaginal fluid with HIV finding it is the way in non-HIV person is more likely if there is associated inflammation, cuts, sores present, presence of an infection in throat or mouth which will cause inflammation.

4) Bad oral hygiene and taking ejaculate (cum) in your mouth is a bad combination which can turn your low-risk activity to high-risk behavior.

5) The risk of becoming HIV infected through unprotected oral sex is lower than that of the unsafe sexual act.

6) Studies have shown that if you are using condom consistently ​and correctly, and if the condom did not break while the sexual act, HIV risk would essentially be nonexistent.

7) Skin rash, body burn, and flu can have multiple causes.

At the same time, I also suggest that there is no harm in knowing your HIV status. For that, you need to undergo HIV rapid test at any accredited lab, one at this time, and if negative a repeat test at three months and then at six months of exposure. I hope your queries are answered but if you still have, please revert.

| 

Are body pain, headache and skin rashes symptoms of dengue?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 10 years old. For the past eight days, she has been suffering from body pain, headache, and some skin irritation. Her doctor said that it is pitta acidity. There is no improvement till date. Last year, during rainy season, she had some face and body irritation problem, whic...  Read Full »

Can STD spread through oral sex?

Query: Hi doctor, Four days ago, I had oral sex with a lady, who I already know. Though no intercourse happened, I am worried about STDs. Please suggest if I have to undergo any test. I am very tensed for this and I want to clear my mind. I do not have any problem except stress. Also, please explain where ...  Read Full »

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now