Q. I am afraid of flu and skin rashes I had after oral sex. Please help.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I received oral sex from a sex worker without condom and sex with a condom. After two weeks, I got flu (no fever), then I was panic, too much stressed and worried. And I had body burn like sunburn about a week. I have a skin rash on my backside and a few spots. I worry about this problem. I have it for the past 22 days. Kindly help.

Do you have a question on Oral Sex or Skin Rashes?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

MBBS., DGO., PHD (HIV MEDICINE
HIV/AIDS Specialist

1) Oral sex is a less risky activity, but, that does not mean that it is risk-free.

2) The likelihood of HIV transmission from a person with HIV to a non-HIV infected individual depends on the type of contact involved.

3) The risk of HIV transmission during oral sex, i.e., seminal or vaginal fluid with HIV finding it is the way in non-HIV person is more likely if there is associated inflammation, cuts, sores present, presence of an infection in throat or mouth which will cause inflammation.

4) Bad oral hygiene and taking ejaculate (cum) in your mouth is a bad combination which can turn your low-risk activity to high-risk behavior.

5) The risk of becoming HIV infected through unprotected oral sex is lower than that of the unsafe sexual act.

6) Studies have shown that if you are using condom consistently ‚Äčand correctly, and if the condom did not break while the sexual act, HIV risk would essentially be nonexistent.

7) Skin rash, body burn, and flu can have multiple causes.

At the same time, I also suggest that there is no harm in knowing your HIV status. For that, you need to undergo HIV rapid test at any accredited lab, one at this time, and if negative a repeat test at three months and then at six months of exposure. I hope your queries are answered but if you still have, please revert.

Also Read Answers From: Oral Sex Skin Rashes Flu

Are body pain, headache and skin rashes symptoms of dengue?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 10 years old. For the past eight days, she has been suffering from body pain, headache, and some skin irritation. Her doctor said that it is pitta acidity. There is no improvement till date. Last year, during rainy season, she had some face and body irritation problem, whic...  Read Full »
Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To understand the condition better I need to know the following things. Where is the pain? Does she have generalized body pain or any joint pain? Please specify. What is the location of a headache, either forehead or back of the head? How does it improve and when is i...  Read Full »

Can oral sex result in STD?
Query: Hi doctor, Four days ago, I had oral sex with a lady, who I already know. Though no intercourse happened, I am worried about STDs. Please suggest if I have to undergo any test. I am very tensed for this and I want to clear my mind. I do not have any problem except stress. Also, please explain where ...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Oral sex does not cause HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) to the recipient. It may cause genital herpes, gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis and warts if these infections are present in the partner. Your doctor may advise you to get HSV 1 and 2 (herpes simplex virus) and ...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now