Q. Kindly comment on my psoriasis prescription.

Published on Dec 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 14, 2019

I have been suffering from psoriasis in my palm. When I was 12 years old, I had this disease for the first time. After taking some medicines it disappeared. But, it used to come on and off. In the past one year, I have faced this problem quite often. In between, I had homeopathy. As it cannot be cured, I shifted to allopathy again. A local doctor prescribed me some medicines for psoriasis and I want a second opinion about the prescription.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

Yes, your treatment is right. But, do not take Folitrax for long duration (Methotrexate) as it can adversely affect your liver and immunity.

• Also, if it is limited to palm and soles, then there is no need to take it. Because, Folitrax is meant for use in severe psoriasis, which is not responding to other medications.
  • This is an incurable condition, so we can only control the outbreak and prevent it. You need to take medication as less as necessary.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

If I do not take Folitrax, then will other prescribed medicine show their effect or not? Should I replace Folitrax?

#

• Please send the good quality photographs of lesion and let me look at it.

Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have attached the affected area pictures. Please have a look.

#

You are suffering from palmoplantar psoriasis (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

First of all you should keep in mind that you need to remain in contact with a dermatologist for your whole life as no treatment is permanent and strictly never ever do self-treatment.

• The course of disease is very unpredictable and can be cured in a few of cases, but frankly no one can say that in whom it will get cured. So, skip Folitrax for a while and also Folvite (Folic acid). Folvite is given to combat the side effects of Folitrax.
  • The last tablet Oriel (Levocetirizine) is for itching, so if it is not there, then you can also skip that.
  • Propysalic-NF (combination of Clobetasol propionate and Salicylic acid) contains a superpotent steroid. It should to be replaced by another cream as soon as the disease is controlled.

Palmoplantar Keratoderma - Causes and Treatment

Article Overview: Palmoplantar keratoderma is an autosomal recessive disorder, which results in abnormal thickening of the skin on the palms and soles. read the article to know more. Read Article

What is Palmoplantar Keratoderma? Palmoplantar keratoderma is a commonly encountered problem in day to day practice. This disease presents as a distressing thickened skin with fissured pattern, intermingled with recurrent eczema like flare up. What Causes Palmoplantar Keratoderma? The causes coul...  Read Article

Psoriasis - Symptoms, Types, and Treatment

Article Overview: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disease characterized by red and scaly lesions on the body, more commonly over the extensor surfaces of the body. Read Article

Dr. Rabia

Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disease characterized by red and scaly lesions on the body, more commonly over the extensor surfaces of the body. Psoriasis is a multifactorial disease, meaning its exact cause is not known, but it is influenced by factors such as environment, genes, and infections....  Read Article