Small Capacity Bladder

Please shed light on medications being taken for follicular cystitis.

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 62 year old male. I get constant pain in my penis and get the feeling of my bladder bursting which I try to relieve by urinating, but when I attempt to urinate, I have to apply a lot of pressure to relieve a minimum of only 30 ml or less of urine. Therefore I am forced to sit on...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a small capacity bladder with irritative and obstructive symptoms. You may require a uroflow to see if your prostate is obstructing or not. I assume that your IVP study is normal and urine AFB has been done on three consecutive days so that tuberculosis has be...  Read Full »

I am taking medicines for an overstretched bladder with no improvement. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem of urine dripping for two to three minutes after I urinate. Also, even if I do not have an urge to urinate, I end up passing large amounts of urine. I visited a doctor and he ordered some tests, the results of which I have attached. After seeing the report, the doctor s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You do have an overstretched bladder. It is as a result of your habit of holding urine for too long. I suggest the following: Restrict fluid intake, especially at bed...  Read Full »