Medical Advice on "Diabetology"

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Samak rice (barnyard millet) is good for everyone, more so for a diabetic person as it provides a good deal of fibers, multiple nutrients, and enough calories too. Instead of regular rice, this can be substituted. The ... View thread »

Dr. Bindiya  Thakkar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since this question was posted under diabetology, I am wondering if you have any endocrine issues. The question asked here is about gastroenterology. The liver tests would be concerning for a liver process like ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normal fasting glucose levels are the same for all types of patients, persons of different age group. The range of fasting glucose is 70 to 100 mg/100 ml (earlier upper margin was allowed up to 110 mg). The usual ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ketones usually develop more often in T1 diabetes. Especially when there is no adequate insulin and glucose levels are higher than 300 to 350 mg. It is necessary to take adequate water to eliminate those through urine ... View thread »

Dr. Shazli Naseer
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are very young and have full symptoms, which is typical of type 1 diabetes where the body is insulin dependent and pills do not work. Your doctor should check for particular laboratory tests for that including C- ... View thread »

Dr. Divakara  P
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rather than the best way, we consider more convenient and economical ways for the patient. The best is always an Insulin pump, but it is costly and requires continued patient education. Injecting Insulin into the same ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Almost all the people having diabetes will sometime during the course of the disease will develop diabetic neuropathy. The reason is damage to microvasculature (small blood vessels supplying the nerves) get affected. ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. HbA1c % 6.3 is considered a pre-diabetic state. Following are the criteria to diagnose diabetes: 1. Normal: FBG: 70 to 100 mg/100 ml, PP: less than 140 mg and HbA1c % less than 5.7. 2. Pre-diabetes: FBG: 101 to 125 ... View thread »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attached details (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which show you are on multiple drugs to control blood glucose and your blood glucose levels seem to be in very good control. However ... View thread »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I would like to know what medicines is he on for diabetes. Follow up would be free, so please answer my questions as it will allow me to help you better. Regarding his blood pressure, 130/ ... View thread »