Statin

My cholesterol level is low but triglyceride is high. Is 10 mg statin sufficient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 76-year-old male. I have the following conditions. 1. IHD for many years (T wave inversion). Recently undergone TMT and 2D echo. Both are negative. 2. Mild BP is normal and under control. 3. Thyroid under control. 4. Diabetes for five years and under control. 5. Prostatom...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your explanation in detail. Your triglycerides level is at borderline, not high. You do not have to increase the Statin dosage all you need is to readjust your diet. Reduce the snacks and eat more vegetables and fruits. You should continue taking...  Read Full »

My angiogram showed triple vessel heart disease. Is it life threatening?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old male. Because my half brother had a heart attack at 21 and died. I paid for an angiogram and exercise stress test. I had a good exercise outcome, but the angiogram showed triple vessel heart disease. The cardiologist said it was very mild and probably due to smoki...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for providing a detail note (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I understand your concerns, but no need to be worried you will be fine. The study only shows minimal evidence of coronary heart disease, which is reversible as of this moment. In...  Read Full »

What is the reason for chest pain inspite of normal ECG and lipid profile test?

Query: Hello doctor, I had chest pain very lightly in different areas of the chest. The pain was not continuous but occurs only sometimes during day or night but not in the sleep. I have taken an ECG and lipid profile test, but both are normal. My doctor advised me to take Ecosprin on daily basis life lon...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For chest pain, I advise you to have treadmill test and exercise tolerance test (ETT), in which you have to walk and run on a treadmill and simultaneously your ECG and blood pressure recorded. If chest pain is due to heart, it will be confirmed. Keep taking Statin (ato...  Read Full »

How to reduce abnormal levels of cholesterol?

Query: Hi doctor, I have undergone preventive blood test. There is abnormality in cholesterol level. I have enclosed the reports for your reference. Kindly advise what to do based on my reports. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Based on your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) these are my observations: Diabetes screening, chloride content, pancreatic amylase, iron levels, liver function test, thyroid function test, kidney function...  Read Full »

What can be done to maintain lipid levels?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 77 years old. Just had quad bypass surgery. Too clogged for a stent. Not overweight (ever). Smoked 2 or 3 cheap cigars a day for 15 to 20 years. No regular exercise, but stayed busy in the yard, walked the dogs, etc. Generally ate what he wanted, including both a lot of g...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are three things you are asking, statin, diet, exercise, right? 1. Statin: Scientific evidence shows elevated lipid especially LDL is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, and stroke. And guidelines tell us that everyone aged ...  Read Full »

Is my back pain due to a heart problem?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 43 year male. I experienced chest congestion in the first week of last month. I have consulted a cardiologist at a hospital. I have undergone TMT, 2D echo, and ECG. The doctor prescribed Modlip ASG 75. I am diabetic for past 12 years with good control (HbA1c is below 6 for past 8...  Read Full »

Dr. Sengottuvelu G

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Echo and TMT (Treadmill test) are normal. Your backache is not due to a heart problem. You can stop Aspirin and continue Statin. I suggest doing periodical Echo and treadmill test once a...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for heart block?

Query: Hello doctor, My 72 year old father, recently got some breathing problem, so we went to the doctor. The doctor said that his cholesterol is high, and told my dad to take medicines. After a month he went for angiography and the reports show some blockages in the arteries. He got a minor heart attac...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. His reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) certainly show significant blockages in the arteries. It is not possible to comment on the treatment from the photos alone. You need to upload the final report of the angiography, mentioning the vessel a...  Read Full »

I would like to get a proper diagnosis regarding my high hs-CRP.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from iron depletion. My iron is low, but ferritin and hemoglobin are normal. My folic acid was 4 about a year ago. I took Folic acid tablets for two months and it is normal now. My vitamin D has improved after taking tablets. My vitamin B12 is also on lower side. I am mar...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and after going through your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: C-reactive protein (CRP) levels are a bit high indicating mild inflammation. This value is suggestive of high cardiac risk. Your cholester...  Read Full »

My calcium score test result was 0.4. Do I have any risk?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 47 year old male, who is hypertensive from the past seven years. I take daily medicine to control my blood pressure. I do not have any other problem. I went to my cardiologist last week, for the yearly medical checkup. My LDL is 170, HDL is 41, ECG is normal, and blood test came ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The calcium score of 0 means no identifiable disease, while 1 to 99 indicates mild disease. And score between 0 to 1 indicates minimal disease. It is near to normal, there is no significant risk associated. I think you should take statins because your LDL (low-density...  Read Full »

Why do my total cholesterol and triglycerides level keep fluctuating?

Query: Hello doctor, My recent lipid profile showed borderline cholesterol and triglycerides. My total cholesterol is 207 and triglycerides are 324. From the past seven years, my cholesterol is fluctuating. The cholesterol keeps fluctuating around 200 and triglycerides between 180 to 300. My echocardiogram...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish N Garg

Cardiologist, Cardiothoracic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should continue taking Rosuvastatin. I suggest adding Fenofibrate 160 mg daily. It will help in improving the lipid profile. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicine after their consent. I hope this helps. For further qu...  Read Full »