Strength Training

Can Alphintern be used for knee swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female. My height is 1.65 meter and my weight is 56 kg. I was suffering from a knee problem, and I took rest for a couple of days. I took Alphintern and used my resistance band to improve my knee-range and everything was fine, except for a grinding noise during exe...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the MRI reports suggest an injury. You did not mention a specific incident or accident that may have lead to a sprain of the ACL. Without a real injury, the knee swelled up again, with the stair climbing. The entire presentation points towards pa...  Read Full »

Can Nutrigain powder be used to gain weight and build muscles?

Query: Hi Doctor, I am a 23 year old guy. My height is 165 cm and weight is 56 kg. I want to gain weight and build muscles too. Even though, I did some exercise and taking healthy foods, it makes my muscles to be tight but it doesn't show up any sign of enlarging or building up. I heard about an Ayurved...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, About Nutrigain: Nutrigain is an ayurvedic supplement which is manufactured and distributed by ayurwin pharmacy.  The chief ingredients present in this preparation are Ashwagandha and Shatavari. Research works have claimed that both these are very much helpful in gaining weight.  The pr...  Read Full »

What type of exercise is good for osteoporosis?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it safe to do strength training for osteoporosis? Does strength training improve the bone mineral density? What type of exercise or movement are good for osteoporosis? Which one has to be avoided, and why? What are the signs and symptoms seen in osteoporosis? When it has to be diagnos...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Strength training is not safe, and it is highly recommended in osteoporosis. It helps to increase the bone mineral density. Do workouts that keep the spine straight such as squatting. Try to strengthen your back muscles. Have workouts on your hip and spine. Do cardio ex...  Read Full »

I am a vegetarian. I would like to gain weight without any side effects. Please help.

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a  26 year old male. I would like to gain weight without any side effects. My height is 164cm and my weight is 54kg. I am a vegetarian and I do not take eggs. I am a software engineer and my work does not involve much physical movement. Please suggest me a suitable diet plan and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Answer: Hi, It is very important to gain weight in a healthy way (i.e, gaining muscle and not fat). For this, both diet and exercise play a major role. DIET: Include a lot of protein in your diet in the form of nuts, seeds and sprouts. Protein drinks like Protinex are also helpful. Instead of 3 major mea...  Read Full »

Why do I hear clicking sound only when I twist my knee?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old and a triathlete. 3 months ago, I suffered from knee pain. Doctor checked McMurray test, and Apley grind test result was negative. Only when I twist (rotate) my knee I hear some clicking or popping sound. I took MRI and the result was shown anterior torn of lateral...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to assist you. It looks like you injured your knee three months ago during an athletic activity, and have been having some mechanical symptoms of clicking and popping since then. Since the knee pain has come down, it is likely tha...  Read Full »

Can you go through my echo reports and tell me if I can go for CrossFit training?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a mitral valve prolapse patient. I have done an echo test last year, and as per the doctor, it is not a serious one. Can I go for CrossFit training?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your health query and want to add that the echo report you had uploaded is an old one and is not applicable to assess your health status today. I need to know the current status of your heart. It may be better than before and it will be positive to ass...  Read Full »

Why do we drink a protein shake after a workout and stretch before a run?

Query: Hi doctor, So often, we do things that we know to be healthy but are not aware of the reason. I am looking at the specific items such as drinking protein shakes after a workout, doing 10 to 12 repetitions in strength training, stretching before a run, avoiding food before a workout and eating the ra...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, very often we follow the necessary safe and healthy things that should be observed in our day-to-day life, but many people are not aware of the reason of these lifestyle changes. They simply know that it is good to follow but are not aware of the reason to follow. Ma...  Read Full »