Q. Can thyroid problem be the reason for stress and anxiety?

Dr. Aditya Gupta
Published on Mar 30, 2017

I have TSH 6.01. My T3 and T4 are normal. I feel stressed with anxiety. I cannot sleep at night. Please help me.

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatry Sexology
#

• Though your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is raised, it does not require treatment with Thyroxine but needs monitoring.
  • Follow steps of sleep hygiene such as sleeping and waking up at regular time, avoiding caffeinated drinks at least 8 hours before sleep, avoid using television, mobile, laptop, etc., half an hour before sleep instead do relaxing activities like taking a hot shower, etc.
  • Practice relaxation techniques like breath relaxation exercise daily. Maintain a journal and log down any distressing thought on it.
  • If these methods do not help, then consult a psychiatrist either on this platform or nearby for detailed evaluation and treatment.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to state that the stress and anxiety can affect almost every organ of the body and polyuria is not an exception. In other words, yes the stress can cause almost all the symptoms narrated in your qu...  Read Full

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

Does thyroid problem delay pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried female. Before six months, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I have been taking Thyronorm 100 mcg. Recently, I had TSH test and the level was 0.47 U/mL, which is considered as hyperthyroid. When my doctor asked me the previous dosage, by mistake I told her...  Read Full >>

Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you follow the same dose as you are not a hyperthyroid yet. Also, if you are planning for your marriage and pregnancy, then this TSH value is normal.  If the TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) value is less than 0.3 U/mL, then the dosage of tablet has to be red...  Read Full