Q. Could my insomnia be due to increase in Zoloft dosage?

Answered by Dr. Ramchandra Lamba and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Insomnia or Sleep Hygeine? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Could my insomnia be due to increase in Zoloft dosage?

I have been taking 100 mg of Zoloft for a number of years. On 14th, my doctor added another 50 mg which I take at bedtime. For the past few days, I have been experiencing severe insomnia and can rarely sleep for more than an hour at a time. In addition, I have begun taking 25 mg of Seroquel three times a day. Could the increase in Zoloft three weeks ago be causing this recent bout of insomnia? If yes, how long after my doctor returns to the old dosage before this side effect diminishes?