Q. I had two episodes of high BP and fall. Am I at the risk of stroke?

Published on Mar 29, 2017

I had a stroke two weeks ago. Today morning, when I got up off the table, I nearly fell twice and had trouble speaking. My BP was 220/110 mmHg. They took me to ER and the telemetry unit. I got an MRI with contrast this morning. Am I having a stroke?

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns.

The onset of problems in the early morning, blood pressure in a range which can cause stroke and difficulty in speaking along with two falls point towards the high possibility of stroke.

The above things can present in both hemorrhagic as well as ischemic stroke affecting the left side of your brain.

I must acknowledge that post-menopausal age and recent history of stroke adds to the risk of stroke and I do not think we should take it lightly.

Kindly post your recent MRI reports to a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

Is surgery necessary for a blood clot in the brain?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is in ICU since 48 to 50 hours. Blood clot has formed in vein of the brain. His right side of the body is not functioning. Doctors are saying that he is recovering, but very slowly. Please give your opinion.  Read Full »

Is stroke with bleeding serious or without bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a stroke but I do not know how to explain it. Twice I was bleeding along with the stroke. One type of bleeding was chronic and the other one was acute. I would like to know which type of bleeding is dangerous? And also explain the reason for the same.  Read Full »