Q. I had two episodes of high BP and fall. Am I at the risk of stroke?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 09, 2021

I had a stroke two weeks ago. Today morning, when I got up off the table, I nearly fell twice and had trouble speaking. My BP was 220/110 mmHg. They took me to ER and the telemetry unit. I got an MRI with contrast this morning. Am I having a stroke?

#

I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns.

The onset of problems in the early morning, blood pressure in a range which can cause stroke and difficulty in speaking along with two falls point towards the high possibility of stroke.

The above things can present in both hemorrhagic as well as ischemic stroke affecting the left side of your brain.

I must acknowledge that post-menopausal age and recent history of stroke adds to the risk of stroke and I do not think we should take it lightly.

Kindly post your recent MRI reports to a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|