Q. Kindly clarify if I am suffering from uterine cancer.

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 28, 2020

I am sending you the reports of my transvaginal ultrasound. Please tell me if the fibroids are to be removed and the risks of such surgery.

#

As the pictures are really unclear, kindly avoid sending photos of the report. You may just scan the written report and send it to me. I would like to see the ultrasound report.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I am sending you my scanned ultrasound reports. I am still discharging a brownish watery fluid. I am not sure that apart from submucosal fibroid whether I am suffering from uterine cancer or not. Please clarify.

#

I have seen the report and the ultrasound images as well (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The submucosal fibroid is big enough with 2 cm x 1.8 x2 cm in size and it is impinging into the endometrium, hence causing the irregular shedding and bleeding.

To explain, what happens is that once the endometrium forms along the uterine inner surface, the area above the submucus fibroid is devoid of basal membrane that is the blood supply. When the endometrium tries to grow over the submucus fibroid, it tends to break. Hence, cause bleeding in the form of light to dark brown discharge or in the form of small clots.

The bleeding can be temporarily controlled by antifibrinolytics like Tranexamic acid tablets, but not permanently unless the submucus fibroid is resected hysteroscopically.

It is suggested that you should opt for a hysteroscopic resection of fibroid soon as it would not only cause these irregular shedding episodes but would also prevent you from conception naturally.

Also with regards to your query to uterine cancer, rest assured, it is not uterine cancer as the endometrium is 9.9 mm thick. This thickness is normal for the phase of the cycle.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|