Q. Kindly clarify if I am suffering from uterine cancer.

Answered by
Dr. Sameer Kumar
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 28, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am sending you the reports of my transvaginal ultrasound. Please tell me if the fibroids are to be removed and the risks of such surgery.



Welcome back to

As the pictures are really unclear, kindly avoid sending photos of the report. You may just scan the written report and send it to me. I would like to see the ultrasound report.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->

Hi doctor,

I am sending you my scanned ultrasound reports. I am still discharging a brownish watery fluid. I am not sure that apart from submucosal fibroid whether I am suffering from uterine cancer or not. Please clarify.



Welcome back to

I have seen the report and the ultrasound images as well (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The submucosal fibroid is big enough with 2 cm x 1.8 x2 cm in size and it is impinging into the endometrium, hence causing the irregular shedding and bleeding.

To explain, what happens is that once the endometrium forms along the uterine inner surface, the area above the submucus fibroid is devoid of basal membrane that is the blood supply. When the endometrium tries to grow over the submucus fibroid, it tends to break. Hence, cause bleeding in the form of light to dark brown discharge or in the form of small clots.

The bleeding can be temporarily controlled by antifibrinolytics like Tranexamic acid tablets, but not permanently unless the submucus fibroid is resected hysteroscopically.

It is suggested that you should opt for a hysteroscopic resection of fibroid soon as it would not only cause these irregular shedding episodes but would also prevent you from conception naturally.

Also with regards to your query to uterine cancer, rest assured, it is not uterine cancer as the endometrium is 9.9 mm thick. This thickness is normal for the phase of the cycle.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Can the lower abdomen pain be due to ovulation?

Last month, I got examined and was detected having a uterine fibroid ... The pain can also be due to submucosal fibroid ... I do not wish to change the doctors at all, but my mother-in-law is ins...   Read full

My TVS showed thickened endometrium. Is it of concern?

.. gone through your history, report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concerns. Your ultrasound showed thickened endometrium most likely polyp. In my opinion you should continue with the same treatment. If problem ...   Read full

I had depo injection and I am bleeding continuously.Is there any way to stop the vaginal bleeding?

Hi doctor, I just recently started dating a man that informed me he has type 1 herpes. I want to know the risk factors and protective measures I can take if I choose to start a sexual relationship with him.   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.