Common "Hysteroscopy" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


A small device that has a camera and light at one end, which is inserted into the vagina to examine the uterus, is called a hysteroscopy. It is used to detect growth or cancer in the uterus, removal of polyps or fibroids, during dilation and curettage, and to see any malformation of the uterus.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

How to treat an intramural fibroid?

Query: Hi doctor, We are trying for IVF to conceive. We have frozen our embryos and have planned for embryo transfer this month, that is on the 14th day of my wife's menstrual cycle. In the scan, everything looks normal, the endometrial thickness was 9.7 mm and had good blood flow. Today when we went for a...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have reviewed both the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The fibroid is small, and it can be controlled by medicines. To reduce the size, apart from medicines, other procedures like radiological embolization or hysteroscopic removal are also avai...  Read Full »

How can I improve my endometrial thickness to get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 32, and my husband is 37. We have been married for nine years, and I have been trying for conception for eight years. I did conceive last year, but the heartbeat was not seen. So, I underwent D and C. Till last year, and my period was regular. But, it became very scanty after...  Read Full »

Dr. Archana Sundarka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your anxiety. I have read your problems and your husband's report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that your problem could be due to vigorous curettage (dilation and curettage) or due to endometrial infection, such as tuberculo...  Read Full »

I had two normal pregnancies but when I was trying to conceive I had four miscarriages. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had two live births with my ex-husband no issue with the pregnancies just a high risk for high blood pressure and preeclampsia during labor with my daughter. Now that I am with someone new we are trying to have a child and each time I get pregnant I have lost them. I have had four mi...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You need to get your antiphospholipid antibodies (APLA) checked. APLA is an acquired syndrome, so pregnancy losses can happen despite previous normal pregnancy. Also, you have a history of preeclampsia, which also points towards APLA. In case of a positive test, hepa...  Read Full »

I had two miscarriages in my past. What is the reason for it?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a history of miscarriage at 18 weeks, and hysteroscopy and laparoscopy confirmed cervical incompetence, and my polypoidal endometrium was removed. Recently I conceived again with a follicle test procedure during which CG 10000 was injected into my blood, but unfortunately, I had ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to It is evident by the history that you have cervical incompetence, and that is what the possible cause of your mid-second-trimester spontaneous abortion. Next your TSH (stimulating thyroid hormone) levels are high, qualifying you to be hypothyroid, which is the probab...  Read Full »

Can an endometrial polyp rapidly grow in eight weeks?

Query: Hi doctor, I had induced abortion three months ago and had a transvaginal US. It showed everything was normal and the endo lining was 8 mm and the uterus looked closed. I cannot find that report, but I know the uterus looked normal, just like on all my previous reports. I had my periods regularly fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to From the ultrasound picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have provided, it does not look like polyp in endometrium. In fact it looks like some collection such as fluid or blood in endometrial cavity, although the appearance of single static film ...  Read Full »

My fallopian tubes are blocked. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I need a second opinion on my HSG report.  Read Full »

Dr. Jain Padmesh Satishchand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Usually, at least two radiographic films are shot during the HSG (hysterosalpingogram) procedure, one during filling of the cavity and the second showing the spill of the dye from the tubes. In some cases, three films are shot. I would like to see the¬†other film as an...  Read Full »

I have occasional bleeding in the form of spots. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having occasional bleeding in the form of spotting. I had a three month course of Niftas for UTI. I am still using Amfy V vaginal cream and taking Satrogyl 300. This problem persists more than a year. Please help me out. I am worried. The bleeding drop is coming with water from th...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally. Also, get a pelvic scan and vaginal swab tests done. Avoid having sex till then. Wear cotton panties and loose lowers. Maintain personal hygiene and take plenty of fluids. Wash your private parts with normal tap...  Read Full »

Kindly examine my reports and suggest whether I have uterine cancer.

Query: Hi doctor, I am sending you the reports of my transvaginal ultrasound. Please tell me if the fibroids are to be removed and the risks of such surgery.  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to As the pictures are really unclear, kindly avoid sending photos of the report. You may just scan the written report and send it to me. I would like to see the ultrasound report. Thank you.  Read Full »

Should I be concerned that my TVS shows thickened endometrium?

Query: Hi doctor, I had symptoms of brown discharge and suggested transvaginal scan which shows thickened endometrium and impression of mildly bulky uterus and cervix. Please see the attached scan report. All blood tests are normal like TC, DC, ESR, Hb, T3, T4 and my TSH is 0. 92. Please suggest whether it...  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your history, report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concerns. Your ultrasound showed thickened endometrium most likely polyp. In my opinion you should continue with the same treatment. If problem persists, the...  Read Full »

I had undergone laparotomy and hysteroscopy for adenomyosis of my uterus. What should I do next?

Query: Hi doctor, I have adenomyosis (10 cm) in my uterus. I had one laparotomy and one hysteroscopy. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Kanani Darshan Jayantilal

Answer: Hi,Welcome to is a condition in which the tissue that normally lines the uterus grows into the muscular walls of the uterus. This can cause heavy, painful periods and may also lead to infertility. Surgery is an option for treating adenomyosis, but the extent of surgery depend...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.