Sugar Level Variation

How severe is the brain stroke based on CT reports?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is for my grandmother. She is hospitalized and the doctor is saying some brain stroke. She is in conservative medical management. CT scan and other investigations are done. Sharing the reports here. Please let me know how severe is this? What should be the treatment at pres...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P.bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your grandmother, 85 years old, she is admitted to a local hospital with symptoms of stroke as suggested to you by your doctor. I saw her CT scan which shows minor ischemic changes in her brain (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which means old blood c...  Read Full »

My sugar level is 210 after breakfast. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor, My sugar level is 210 after breakfast. Is it normal or high? Can I control sugar level?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The sugar level 210 after eating food cannot be considered normal. It is suggestive of diabetes mellitus. However, you should repeat your serum fasting blood sugar estimation, serum post-prandial blood sugar estimation, and HbA1c estimation to confirm diabetes. In this ...  Read Full »

Am I diabetic or are my readings due to Seroquel?

Query: Hello doctor,My A1c is 5.4 and my fasting glucose is 107 and I was taking 800 mg of Seroquel which is a medication for paranoid schizophrenia and is known for causing diabetes and high blood sugar and five minutes after taking a 400 mg pill, one day my sugar went over 200 and the next day five minut...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreejith Mg

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Quetiapine (Seroquel) in such high doses may produce hyperglycemia. So, the first possibility is drug-induced hyperglycemia. So, try to reduce the dosage after consulting your doctor. You have to monitor your blood sugar regularly when you are taking these type of dr...  Read Full »

My husband had five episodes of hypoglycemia in a single day. What could be causing all these?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband has type 1 diabetes. He has had no Insulin today but has had five hypos today, and his sugar levels are dropping again. He had his regular food all day, drank juice and cans of coke. He has not done anything different to any other day and also has not been stressed either. He t...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long has he had diabetes? When you say hypo, what were his sugars? What is the dose of insulin that he is taking? Revert with the details to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist  Read Full »

Why does home glucose monitor show higher reading than the lab?

Query: Hi doctor,My father checked his fasting sugar in a blood glucose home monitor using blood taken from pricking the finger and then putting drops of that blood on a test strip. It came out 130 mg/dL.¬†Then, he went to a laboratory and there he gave his blood sample. In laboratory test, the fasting su...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, there shall be difference in reading of blood sugars checked through glucometer and that done in the laboratory. Because, laboratory check for serum blood glucose and home monitor check for blood glucose. There is a minor difference between blood and serum. ...  Read Full »