Q. My husband had five episodes of hypoglycemia in a single day. What could be causing all these?

Answered by Dr. Swaraj S W and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hypoglycemia or Blood Sugar Levels? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My husband has type 1 diabetes. He has had no Insulin today but has had five hypos today, and his sugar levels are dropping again. He had his regular food all day, drank juice and cans of coke. He has not done anything different to any other day and also has not been stressed either. He treated all his hypos the way he normally would. What could be causing all these hypos if he has not had any fast acting Insulin since last night? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.