HomeAnswersPsychiatrysuicidal thoughtsMy girlfriend is having suicidal thoughts. Kindly help.

What measures can be taken to overcome suicidal thoughts?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At April 3, 2024
Reviewed AtApril 3, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am reaching out because I am genuinely worried about my girlfriend, who has been expressing thoughts of suicide. She turned 26 last month. This has been going on for a few weeks, and I am not sure how to best support her. In terms of her health history, she has a history of anxiety and has been feeling increasingly isolated lately. I want to make sure she gets the help she needs. Can you advise on the best course of action in this situation? What steps can I take to support her, and what professional help should we seek? I appreciate any guidance you can provide to ensure her safety and well-being.

Thank you.


I am here to help you with your health queries.

I can understand your problem and concern about your girlfriend. She is suicidal as per you. It is a psychiatry emergency. You must not leave her alone. There must not be any type of sharp equipment or tools that can harm her like a knife, glass, rope, or curtain for hanging, gun, and others. She must be under observation of any close relatives. Do not allow her to lock her room or bathroom when she is going to use it. I would suggest you to take professional help of a psychiatrist to start medication as early as you can.

I hope you get my point. Please let me know if you want some help.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy