Suicidal Thoughts

Negative thoughts affect my studies since I entered puberty. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 17 year old girl. I am suffering from tension-like feeling about everything around me since I entered puberty. I have very very low power of decision making. All this has now affected my studies. Now, I am very worried about my studies. I do not know what to do. If I found my per...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you need to reduce thinking so much about all these issues. Most of the issues resolve with time and on their own. Your priority should be studies only. Just focus on one thing at a time. Try to work hard and perform well. Once it improves, you will get so...  Read Full »

Can random suicidal thoughts be due to bipolar depressive disorder?

Query: Hi doctor, I have done some research and I am pretty sure I have depressive bipolar disorder. I have struggled with something I thought was depression for a long time but it was always more like episodes of suicidal thoughts and me being in a deep depression. Like if I do have it the other night I...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What are your symptoms exactly? If they are of depression, then the treatment with an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) is ideally given for six months or so. Basically, if you are depressed, you will feel irritable, low, feel like crying, sad, do not w...  Read Full »

I feel low with suicidal thoughts. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a girl who has faced a lot of trauma in the past 2 years, I have recently lost a group of my most trusted friends, and after this happened I have been feeling almost numb to emotion, at times I do not care at all, and at times I feel suicidal, I have been eating and sleeping too ...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a mixed anxiety-depressive symptoms. Your symptoms of low mood, suicidal ideation, loss of energy, loss of interest, sleeping and eating issues, is typical. This is very common and about 10-15 percent of people have this problem. It is also very easi...  Read Full »

My dad keeps abusing me. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I have problem with my dad. He is a kind of Hitler. I want to die. I cannot live with him. He hates me. He abuses me every day. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand what you are going through and you have my sympathies for the same. Coming to your dad, you say that he hates you, abuses you and dictates you. This can be hard for an 18 year old to face, but suicidal thoughts are not the solution for the same. Here is m...  Read Full »

How to improve mental crisis such as suicidal thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, Is mental health not as important as or more important than physical health? Why? What seems to be the dominant approach to treating people with depressive disorders? And, how do you think it could improve to prevent mental health crises, namely suicide? How should the topic of mental...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sharing my thoughts based on my professional experience and expertise. Mental Health is as important or probably even more important than physical health because most physical ailment or issue starts within the mind or if it is not for to a mental process, its to...  Read Full »

How to overcome my depression and suicidal thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, I hate myself and my life because my biggest enemy and weakness is me. I am the biggest trouble maker of mine. I am stupid and foolish. I have grown up in the environment of too much care, fear and adopted fear in my nature. I have too much hesitation and assertiveness. My communicat...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, stop blaming yourself for anything. You are not your biggest enemy and you are not a trouble maker. Your anger is getting directed to yourself only and this has resulted in depression. Repeated failures (whatever be the r...  Read Full »

Why do I think about death quite often?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently going through depression. I have been having suicidal thoughts. I have been thinking about death quite often. Last time when I felt depressed, I tried to cut my veins, but got caught. For example the other day at school, I imagined a way of killing a girl. I do not know ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hardik Tusharkant Bambhania

General Practitioner, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I reckon that you are going through a very difficult time right now. However, you are dealing with it courageously, and I commend your effort to reach out for help here. We often feel sad, upset and down in life due to various reasons or followed by traumatic eve...  Read Full »

Do sad mood with mood swings and suicidal thought characterize bipolar disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I have three kids. My oldest is 16 years and she is a bit hard to deal with. I have been noticing her change of moods everyday. My mother, older sister, and younger brother told my middle son, that they hate her, no one wants her close. She had a rough break up, she says she hates lif...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Sharma

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Going by the description of your daughter's life circumstances and events, she seems to be in depression definitely. Is she in bipolar depression can only be determined if she exhibits the following. 1) Cycles of depression and mania. 2) There should be discrete ep...  Read Full »

Why are there lack of interest and suicidal thoughts even after taking medicines for OCD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from OCD and took medication for around five months prescribed by a psychiatrist. Now I am somewhat managing the OCD, but at the same time, I have depression also. Now I lost interest in all things and feel like doing a job, earn money and living in a middle-clas...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depression is comorbid most of the time with OCD (occlusive compulsive disorder) because it is a very frustrating condition when you do not have control over your thoughts. If you control your thoughts and control yourself to engage in it, then it is a very good indi...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a medicine to overcome suicidal thoughts and good sleep at night.

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing a lot of problems now that I can not sleep at night. It started a month ago, and it starts affecting my daytime routine as well. I am more anxious, and depressed even during the day and I am having a lot of frequent thoughts about suicide, specially at night. I am re...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your problem, but medications cannot be prescribed online. I can help you with the therapy and counseling which would help you out with the negativity and you can learn coping techniques with me. For medicine, you need to consult a local psy...  Read Full »