Suicidal Thoughts

I am depressed and get suicidal thoughts from over a year. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have had depression for over a year (at least symptoms of it), and suicidal thoughts almost as long. It was caused by a high school crush and has caused me to hate myself for everything I do because I am socially awkward and tend to mess everything up. I feel like I am a mess and that...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can feel your emotional pain by the way you have described your symptoms. Do not worry, and you can gradually get better with appropriate support. How old are you? Have you discussed with your parents or family about your emotional difficulties? Do you have any clo...  Read Full »

I have not been taking my antidepressant, and had a breakdown. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have not been taking my antidepressants (Escitalopram), and I had a breakdown in front of my family who do not know anything about my depression, suicidal thoughts, and OCD. And I am currently locked in the bathroom and cannot stop crying, and I cannot see my therapist in a month. Kin...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your present condition may be due to not taking medications, it aggravated. At first, take your dose and consult some other professional near you for drugs and help you from coming out of this phase. Besides, the problem you are facing cannot be hidden from close rel...  Read Full »

Why do I keep stumbling over words nowadays?

Query: Hello doctor, In general, I am in good health and a functional, if not happy, person. Recently, I have undergone emotional stress and strain which has brought on symptoms similar to ones I have had under similar circumstances in the past. This time, however, it is a lot worse. In the past, I have te...  Read Full »

Dr. Gayatri Saraf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you making an effort to write in and seek help. It is not easy to go through something like this, especially when you know that it is not true. You seem to have had brief psychotic symptoms which can sometimes be brought on by severe stress. Based on the s...  Read Full »

I am suffering from a narcissistic personality disorder and pathological lying. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I am suffering from a narcissistic personality disorder and pathological lying. From health conditions to plain misconceptions of me as a person. I want to live an honest and pure life, and I want to steer away from these lies I have succumbed to over the past couple aching ...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your personality trait. We all are having specific personalities, and this is completely normal until it affects our social life. We all suppress our nature with our consciousness. If you think your daily life is changing becau...  Read Full »

How can I overcome depression and suicidal thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, I have depression, feeling of failure in life, no more attraction to live life. Sad, anxious, or empty mood. Loss of interest or pleasure in activities. Thoughts of death or suicide, including suicide attempts.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand what you must be feeling right now. Depression is a serious but treatment illness. I can see you have thoughts of suicide and suicide attempts are also there which indicates that your depression worsened now. But do not worry, there are various treatment...  Read Full »

I am suffering from depression and have suicidal thoughts with low self-esteem. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from depression. I am having feelings of mild depression, but I do not know if I am actually depressed, but here is a bit of my life since I was a boy. I lost my mother when I was very young and did not have any memories of her. I grew up with my dad and my siblings, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have described facing several adverse childhood experiences like losing your mother, and indifferent father addicted to alcohol and lack of loving support while growing up. These adverse life events could have potentially affected your feelings like, making you f...  Read Full »

From the MRI report, please suggest whether we need to consult psychiatrist or neurologist for treatment of heavy head?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is currently taking treatment from a psychiatrist for depression. Her major symptoms are heaviness in the head, lower back pain, mood swings, feeling sad, and negative thoughts. Recently MRI and CT scan were done. CT scan was fine. MRI indicates multiple small T2/FLAIR hype...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that your mother's symptoms seem to be related to depression with psychotic signs. The lesions in MRI are suggestive of small vessel disease. I would recommend taking daily baby Aspirin 80 mg to help the progression of thes...  Read Full »

I have extreme fear, suicidal thoughts, and fear of failure. How to overcome all these situations?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38-year-old female. I have extreme fear, suicidal thoughts, and fear of failure. I am not able to concentrate on my daily activities. How to overcome all these situations? I had an aortic valve replaced through open heart surgery. I was under Nexito and Rivotril for two years a...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Decrease in concentration, suicidal thought, fear of failure, and sleeplessness are features of a depressive episode. Why did you stop the medicines? Did you take the medications in the proper dose, and is there any episode similar to the illness has occurred previou...  Read Full »

How to overcome the mental trauma given by colleague?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 41 years old. My office colleague is giving me mental trauma by gossiping about my childhood physical abuse. Sometimes suicidal thoughts come to my mind. How should I tackle it?  Read Full »

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first thing that you have to fix in your mind is you have done nothing wrong in that abuse episode, it is a matter of shame for that person who had done it and to those who are making fun of this. Be confident and set in your mind that you will never get disheart...  Read Full »

No matter the situation, why do not I ever get happy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female. I am having a long-standing history of severe depression episodes on and off for 20 years. Despite everything, I have a degree, full-time job and home of my own. I have done really well last few years too after CBT. I have stayed well and even been promoted at ...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. You should be able to distinguish between disappointment and depression. Disappointment also brings on symptoms identical to depression but they are short lived. You had multiple disappointing episodes and some of them were so deep. ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.