Suicidal Thoughts

Why are there lack of interest and suicidal thoughts even after taking medicines for OCD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from OCD and took medication for around five months prescribed by a psychiatrist. Now I am somewhat managing the OCD, but at the same time, I have depression also. Now I lost interest in all things and feel like doing a job, earn money and living in a middle-clas...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depression is comorbid most of the time with OCD (occlusive compulsive disorder) because it is a very frustrating condition when you do not have control over your thoughts. If you control your thoughts and control yourself to engage in it, then it is a very good indi...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a medicine to overcome suicidal thoughts and good sleep at night.

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing a lot of problems now that I can not sleep at night. It started a month ago, and it starts affecting my daytime routine as well. I am more anxious, and depressed even during the day and I am having a lot of frequent thoughts about suicide, specially at night. I am re...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your problem, but medications cannot be prescribed online. I can help you with the therapy and counseling which would help you out with the negativity and you can learn coping techniques with me. For medicine, you need to consult a local psy...  Read Full »

How to deal with suicidal thought and fear of death while driving?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I am having suicidal thoughts and not able to get into a parking space. I am a new driver, and I am scared that I will die while driving. I also feel like I am low than other people. I am having this problem for a several years. I have OCD, depression, and genera...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You appear to be less confident and excessively worried about driving. Many young drivers feel the same, but you appear to be more affected by anxiety related to driving and parking. Always remember that you will get better with experience. Try to drive at a slow pace...  Read Full »

I am depressed and get suicidal thoughts from over a year. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have had depression for over a year (at least symptoms of it), and suicidal thoughts almost as long. It was caused by a high school crush and has caused me to hate myself for everything I do because I am socially awkward and tend to mess everything up. I feel like I am a mess and that...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can feel your emotional pain by the way you have described your symptoms. Do not worry, and you can gradually get better with appropriate support. How old are you? Have you discussed with your parents or family about your emotional difficulties? Do you have any clo...  Read Full »

I have not been taking my antidepressant, and had a breakdown. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have not been taking my antidepressants (Escitalopram), and I had a breakdown in front of my family who do not know anything about my depression, suicidal thoughts, and OCD. And I am currently locked in the bathroom and cannot stop crying, and I cannot see my therapist in a month. Kin...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your present condition may be due to not taking medications, it aggravated. At first, take your dose and consult some other professional near you for drugs and help you from coming out of this phase. Besides, the problem you are facing cannot be hidden from close rel...  Read Full »

Why do I keep stumbling over words nowadays?

Query: Hello doctor, In general, I am in good health and a functional, if not happy, person. Recently, I have undergone emotional stress and strain which has brought on symptoms similar to ones I have had under similar circumstances in the past. This time, however, it is a lot worse. In the past, I have te...  Read Full »

Dr. Gayatri Saraf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you making an effort to write in and seek help. It is not easy to go through something like this, especially when you know that it is not true. You seem to have had brief psychotic symptoms which can sometimes be brought on by severe stress. Based on the s...  Read Full »

I am suffering from a narcissistic personality disorder and pathological lying. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I am suffering from a narcissistic personality disorder and pathological lying. From health conditions to plain misconceptions of me as a person. I want to live an honest and pure life, and I want to steer away from these lies I have succumbed to over the past couple aching ...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your personality trait. We all are having specific personalities, and this is completely normal until it affects our social life. We all suppress our nature with our consciousness. If you think your daily life is changing becau...  Read Full »

How can I overcome depression and suicidal thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, I have depression, feeling of failure in life, no more attraction to live life. Sad, anxious, or empty mood. Loss of interest or pleasure in activities. Thoughts of death or suicide, including suicide attempts.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand what you must be feeling right now. Depression is a serious but treatment illness. I can see you have thoughts of suicide and suicide attempts are also there which indicates that your depression worsened now. But do not worry, there are various treatment...  Read Full »

I am suffering from depression and have suicidal thoughts with low self-esteem. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from depression. I am having feelings of mild depression, but I do not know if I am actually depressed, but here is a bit of my life since I was a boy. I lost my mother when I was very young and did not have any memories of her. I grew up with my dad and my siblings, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have described facing several adverse childhood experiences like losing your mother, and indifferent father addicted to alcohol and lack of loving support while growing up. These adverse life events could have potentially affected your feelings like, making you f...  Read Full »

From the MRI report, please suggest whether we need to consult psychiatrist or neurologist for treatment of heavy head?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is currently taking treatment from a psychiatrist for depression. Her major symptoms are heaviness in the head, lower back pain, mood swings, feeling sad, and negative thoughts. Recently MRI and CT scan were done. CT scan was fine. MRI indicates multiple small T2/FLAIR hype...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that your mother's symptoms seem to be related to depression with psychotic signs. The lesions in MRI are suggestive of small vessel disease. I would recommend taking daily baby Aspirin 80 mg to help the progression of thes...  Read Full »