Suicidal Thoughts

How to improve mental crisis such as suicidal thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, Is mental health not as important as or more important than physical health? Why? What seems to be the dominant approach to treating people with depressive disorders? And, how do you think it could improve to prevent mental health crises, namely suicide? How should the topic of mental...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sharing my thoughts based on my professional experience and expertise. Mental Health is as important or probably even more important than physical health because most physical ailment or issue starts within the mind or if it is not for to a mental process, its to...  Read Full »

How to overcome my depression and suicidal thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, I hate myself and my life because my biggest enemy and weakness is me. I am the biggest trouble maker of mine. I am stupid and foolish. I have grown up in the environment of too much care, fear and adopted fear in my nature. I have too much hesitation and assertiveness. My communicat...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, stop blaming yourself for anything. You are not your biggest enemy and you are not a trouble maker. Your anger is getting directed to yourself only and this has resulted in depression. Repeated failures (whatever be the r...  Read Full »

Why do I think about death quite often?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently going through depression. I have been having suicidal thoughts. I have been thinking about death quite often. Last time when I felt depressed, I tried to cut my veins, but got caught. For example the other day at school, I imagined a way of killing a girl. I do not know ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hardik Tusharkant Bambhania

General Practitioner, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I reckon that you are going through a very difficult time right now. However, you are dealing with it courageously, and I commend your effort to reach out for help here. We often feel sad, upset and down in life due to various reasons or followed by traumatic eve...  Read Full »

Do sad mood with mood swings and suicidal thought characterize bipolar disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I have three kids. My oldest is 16 years and she is a bit hard to deal with. I have been noticing her change of moods everyday. My mother, older sister, and younger brother told my middle son, that they hate her, no one wants her close. She had a rough break up, she says she hates lif...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Sharma

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Going by the description of your daughter's life circumstances and events, she seems to be in depression definitely. Is she in bipolar depression can only be determined if she exhibits the following. 1) Cycles of depression and mania. 2) There should be discrete ep...  Read Full »

Why are there lack of interest and suicidal thoughts even after taking medicines for OCD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from OCD and took medication for around five months prescribed by a psychiatrist. Now I am somewhat managing the OCD, but at the same time, I have depression also. Now I lost interest in all things and feel like doing a job, earn money and living in a middle-clas...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depression is comorbid most of the time with OCD (occlusive compulsive disorder) because it is a very frustrating condition when you do not have control over your thoughts. If you control your thoughts and control yourself to engage in it, then it is a very good indi...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a medicine to overcome suicidal thoughts and good sleep at night.

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing a lot of problems now that I can not sleep at night. It started a month ago, and it starts affecting my daytime routine as well. I am more anxious, and depressed even during the day and I am having a lot of frequent thoughts about suicide, specially at night. I am re...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your problem, but medications cannot be prescribed online. I can help you with the therapy and counseling which would help you out with the negativity and you can learn coping techniques with me. For medicine, you need to consult a local psy...  Read Full »

How to deal with suicidal thought and fear of death while driving?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I am having suicidal thoughts and not able to get into a parking space. I am a new driver, and I am scared that I will die while driving. I also feel like I am low than other people. I am having this problem for a several years. I have OCD, depression, and genera...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You appear to be less confident and excessively worried about driving. Many young drivers feel the same, but you appear to be more affected by anxiety related to driving and parking. Always remember that you will get better with experience. Try to drive at a slow pace...  Read Full »

I am depressed and get suicidal thoughts from over a year. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have had depression for over a year (at least symptoms of it), and suicidal thoughts almost as long. It was caused by a high school crush and has caused me to hate myself for everything I do because I am socially awkward and tend to mess everything up. I feel like I am a mess and that...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can feel your emotional pain by the way you have described your symptoms. Do not worry, and you can gradually get better with appropriate support. How old are you? Have you discussed with your parents or family about your emotional difficulties? Do you have any clo...  Read Full »

I have not been taking my antidepressant, and had a breakdown. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have not been taking my antidepressants (Escitalopram), and I had a breakdown in front of my family who do not know anything about my depression, suicidal thoughts, and OCD. And I am currently locked in the bathroom and cannot stop crying, and I cannot see my therapist in a month. Kin...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your present condition may be due to not taking medications, it aggravated. At first, take your dose and consult some other professional near you for drugs and help you from coming out of this phase. Besides, the problem you are facing cannot be hidden from close rel...  Read Full »

Why do I keep stumbling over words nowadays?

Query: Hello doctor, In general, I am in good health and a functional, if not happy, person. Recently, I have undergone emotional stress and strain which has brought on symptoms similar to ones I have had under similar circumstances in the past. This time, however, it is a lot worse. In the past, I have te...  Read Full »

Dr. Gayatri Saraf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you making an effort to write in and seek help. It is not easy to go through something like this, especially when you know that it is not true. You seem to have had brief psychotic symptoms which can sometimes be brought on by severe stress. Based on the s...  Read Full »