Supraspinatus Tear

How to get rid of shoulder pain due to supraspinatus tendinopathy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I am having shoulder pain (supraspinatus tendinopathy) for eight months, as I got injured while bowling in a cricket match. I am taking Tendowell and Tendocare Forte. The range of motion is better now but there is deep pain in the top shoulder area the shoulde...  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you have ongoing shoulder pain. You have been diagnosed as supraspinatus tendinopathy and have been taking medications. However, if you still have symptoms that are the same and no relief then you should look into the following recommendations. How was ...  Read Full »

Is surgery a must for my mother's severe shoulder pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My hardworking mother, aged 62 years has a history of diabetes for the past 10 years and occasional shoulder pain for the past eight years. A month ago she lifted my son's heavy school bag and got severe shoulder pain, restricting it's movements. We got the MRI done last week. I have atta...  Read Full »

Dr. Brungi Mahesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on the MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is a full thickness tear of supraspinatus with retraction.The ideal treatment is arthroscopic repair for this age group of patients followed by strict physiotherapy.  It is a keyhole surgery. M...  Read Full »