Q. I have pain and crunching sound in the shoulder due to injury. How to recover?

Dr. Chintan
Published on Nov 19, 2019

I am a 21-year-old male. I am having shoulder pain (supraspinatus tendinopathy) for eight months, as I got injured while bowling in a cricket match. I am taking Tendowell and Tendocare Forte. The range of motion is better now but there is deep pain in the top shoulder area the shoulder makes a crunch sound when I put my arm across my chest. I do pendulum exercise and scapula retraction. The recovery is too slow. When I will be able to play again? Please guide me.

Dr. Chintan

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

I understand you have ongoing shoulder pain. You have been diagnosed as supraspinatus tendinopathy and have been taking medications. However, if you still have symptoms that are the same and no relief then you should look into the following recommendations.

How was the condition diagnosed? Do you have an x-ray or MRI or any investigation which shows this? If there is a partial tear or supraspinatus then MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) will be required to look for it.

You have a crunching sound when you place your hand across the chest, this suggests either supraspinatus calcification or acromioclavicular joint problem which are most common. Again here imaging in the form of an x-ray or MRI will be helpful.

You will have to continue doing exercises and if your symptoms are better and pain is less then you can start warm-up exercises before getting back to playing. Follow up with x-ray and MRI images to identify the pathology and suggest complete treatment. You can take vitamin C and D along with the above medications.

I have neck and shoulder pain that go away when I lie down. Any suggestions?

Query: Hello doctor,I complained of neck and shoulder pain. It was diagnosed to be muscle spasm by a doctor. X-ray has been taken. I was given cream and Muscadol tablets. I used ice and some exercise. It worked over 90 % but the problem is I feel pain after sitting on a chair for 10 minutes continually. It...  Read Full »

From the MRI of my shoulder, can you tell me if my shoulder will ever get better?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had shoulder problems since high school. I played field hockey at school, club, provincial, and national school team. And I was also in the swimming, volleyball, life-saving, and club tennis team in school, club, provincial and national school. I played squash socially. I had a ...  Read Full »

What to do for shoulder pain, weakness and tingling sensation on hand in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a diabetic patient. I am having weakness, shoulder pain, and tingling sensation on hand. I am taking the following medicines: 1. Lantus injection 26 units in the morning. 2. K GEM (Gliclazide 50 mg and Metformin 500 mg). 3. K pio (Pioglitazone hydrochloride 15 mg). 4. Tendia...  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now