Q. Does teratospermia mean infertility?

My sperm count is 50 M/ml, 3 ml ejaculate, 55 % motility, 45 % prog motility, grade 1 to 10, grade 2 to 10, grade 3 to 10, grade 15, normomorphs 20 %, no antibodies, colour and viscosity normal, pH 8.5. Diagnosed with teratospermia. Given two months course of Fertisure M and retest semen analysis. How serious is that? The doctor says if the report is repeated, she will plan for IUI as my wife reports are totally normal. Am I infertile?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing? I do not see any abnormalities in the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are super fertile. As per WHO guidelines, the minimum count is 15 million/ml, minimum motility is progressive 32 %, minimum normal morphology 4 %. As you are above all these criteria, you have nothing to worry. Hope wife's blood evaluation and scan are normal.

One test usually forgotten is the evaluation of tubal patency, with X-ray or HSG. The tube is bridge connecting uterus and ovaries. It cannot be seen on scan or examination. Its inner diameter is 1 mm. If blocked, no matter how good the egg and sperm are, they will not meet. If not done, better do it. Not costly or invasive. Can be done on day 7 to 10 of periods. Do not worry, you will get a positive result.

| 

Why is my sperm brown?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. Two weeks ago, I noticed that my semen was brownish. Again yesterday and today, it is the same reddish-brown, and I think it is more watery than usual. I do not have any other symptoms. I do have a varicocele, but I do not think this condition is related to varic...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now