Testis Tumor

My ward has a germ cell tumor. What type of cancer it is and is this curable?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently I came to know that my ward has a germ cell tumor. He is undergoing surgery for the removal of right testes today. It is unknown whether he is affected with cancer if so, what is the type and whether it is curable or not? How long will this take and what are the steps should ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a high-grade testicular germ cell tumor (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The molecular markers such as hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) and LDH (lactate dehydrogenase) are high. Also its spread to the liver and adjacent lymph nodes. Ideall...  Read Full »

Can an undescended testis cause infertility?

Query: Hello doctor, One of my testicles is not descended completely to the sac. I am 31 years old and not married yet. I have few queries regarding this. Do I need surgery? Does it affect fertility? Does it have any adverse effect on my sex life?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This condition is known as cryptorchidism (absence of one or both testes in the scrotum). If one of the testes has not descended as yet, then ideally it may have become dysfunctional already depending on the location of the testis, if it is still intra-abdominal or in ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to cure a zero sperm count?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male and my wife is 28 years old. I have been suffering from azoospermia and have been in touch with different doctors for the last eight to 10 months. I have done many tests and everyone is ending up with a suggestion of testicular biopsy. My wife is not in f...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and reviewed the attached reports of USG and semen analysis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As there is azoospermia, I cannot comment on your chances, unless there is a possibility of sperm retrieval from the testis. This is possibl...  Read Full »

Testicular ultrasound showed multiple lesions. Do I need testicular biopsy to confirm cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had an ultrasound on my testicles and found multiple solid nodules or lumps and lesions in both testicles. He strongly suspects germ cell tumors. I have had blood tests done, and tumor markers and everything else is normal. I will be seeing a urologist in about two weeks. Do I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Any testicular mass is treated as cancer unless proven otherwise. That is why it is advised to evaluate the lesions found by patient or ultrasound by surgical removal and detailed pathological examination.Whereas for most other sites, the biopsy is possible. The biopsy is n...  Read Full »