Q. Can I have testosterone blockers to prevent testosterone production?

Answered by Dr. Divakara P and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan

Do you have a question on Testosterone or Reduce Testosterone Levels Naturally? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 20 year old male and I do not want to do a MTF transition. However, I would like to stop my body from being affected by testosterone. I just turned 20 and as I grow older my body will continue to produce testosterone which will change my body into something more manly and cause me to lose my youthful relatively more feminine appearance. I would like to prevent that by taking testosterone blockers. Can I do this? Additionally, if I take the testosterone blockers, will there be any permanent effects? Or will the effects eventually wear off after taking them? Thank you.