Q. Can I take Thyroxine tablets along with blood pressure tablets?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

I am undergoing blood pressure treatment, and I also have thyroid problems. When I take the blood pressure tablet alone, I feel comfortable and relaxed. But when I take thyroid medication and blood pressure tablets, I have pain in my chest and left hand. Should I stop thyroid medication?

#

Your thyroid gland is working less; that is why you are on Thyroxin tablets. For hypertension, you are taking tablet Telmisartan. I suggest taking both tablets as both works for their indications. I suggest consulting an endocrinologist for a workup of hypothyroidism and detection of its cause. If the cause is found, treat it; if no cause, then I recommend continuing with the Thyroxin tablets. I also suggest regular exercise, reducing weight, having blood sugar levels fasting and HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) levels checked, and fasting lipid profile done.

Thank you for the reply.

Can I take both medication. Will it cause any problem?

#

I suggest taking both medications as there is no interaction between them.

|