Q. What ayurvedic medicines can treat tinea cruris?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
Published on Dec 29, 2017

Kindly tell me some ayurvedic drugs for tinea cruris. I had the disease last year but I am having the symptoms again. Itching has not gone completely. I have used Onabet cream. In the past, I have been on Tyza and Atarax. Please help.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

Tinea cruris is commonly caused by a type of fungus called dermatophytes.

It causes mostly circular growth on the skin and often looks like rings. It is also referred as ringworms.

Generally, it grows in unhygienic and wet areas.

Antifungal management is the line of treatment.

I suggest you apply Onabet cream (Sertaconazole Topical) externally twice a day after cleaning and drying the affected area.

Along with these medications, you can also use an ayurvedic ointment like Cutis cream, Six C Ointment externally.

I suggest you can take Khadirarishta 15 mL twice a day with equal amounts of water after meals and Gandhaka Rasayana Vati two tablets twice a day after meals. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

For precaution, you should avoid spicy and junk foods. Also rice and curd.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

Why do I have diarrhea after eating spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I ate lots of green chili pakoras with green chutney. I am not really used to such pakoras but, I ended up eating them anyway. From the next day, I started feeling a burning sensation inside the stomach and, then started the loose motions. I have been to the loo nea...  Read Full »

What can be done for jock itch spreading from feet to penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I believe I have jock itch that spread from my feet to my inner thighs to the shaft of my penis. Please help.  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now