Q. What ayurvedic medicines can treat tinea cruris?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Kindly tell me some ayurvedic drugs for tinea cruris. I had the disease last year but I am having the symptoms again. Itching has not gone completely. I have used Onabet cream. In the past, I have been on Tyza and Atarax. Please help.

#

Tinea cruris is commonly caused by a type of fungus called dermatophytes.

It causes mostly circular growth on the skin and often looks like rings. It is also referred as ringworms.

Generally, it grows in unhygienic and wet areas.

Antifungal management is the line of treatment.

I suggest you apply Onabet cream (Sertaconazole Topical) externally twice a day after cleaning and drying the affected area.

Along with these medications, you can also use an ayurvedic ointment like Cutis cream, Six C Ointment externally.

I suggest you can take Khadirarishta 15 mL twice a day with equal amounts of water after meals and Gandhaka Rasayana Vati two tablets twice a day after meals. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

For precaution, you should avoid spicy and junk foods. Also rice and curd.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|