Q. I am suffering from tinea cruris (itching near scrotum). Please advise.

Dr. Meha Malhotra
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 27, 2013 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2018

I am suffering from tinea cruris, itching near scrotum, for a very long time and left untreated. Now, I am losing my hairs from the left side of the scrotal area. I went to a doctor and he gave me a cream and a medicine for 10 days. After 10 days, I got relief and also hairs are growing back. Over two days, I had noticed some redness in the scrotum. It may be due to sweating in summer as I go to the gym. But, I am a little worried because when I checked online, I came to know it is one of the symptoms of STD. Please clear my doubt. Thanks.

#

Tinea cruris is a fungal infection of the groin. It is possible that you may have got a recurrence of the same.

It would be of great help if you could tell me the medicine and cream that you have used and after how many days of stopping the medicine did the problem recur. Till then, you may apply Abzorb (Clotrimazole dusting powder) on the area of concern.

STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) do not remain silent for so long and additionally, you generally will have pus-filled lesions or discharge with STD.

Revert back with the name of the medicine to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|